Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tannehill

Ryan Tannehill

Taylor coached tannehill both at Texas Anm and Miami dolphins.

Tannehill is a likely cap casualty

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...219883525.html

I'm not sure. I'd only want him as a backup, but there would be lots of annoying QB competition talk. If we're moving on from Dalton, I want a young guy and Tannehill isn't going to be the answer.

He’s literally the same as dalton. No.

I think it's all but certain that he is here as the backup or more if he doesn't have a starting gig somewhere and ours isn't squared away. His tenure at AnM correlates exactly with Taylors time at AnM 2008-2011. Then they both moved on directly to the Dolphins at the same time and were there together from 2012 to 2015. That's 8 years together already.

I don't disagree with you that he isn't a mega upgrade from Dalton. But is he as good as Dalton?

Would Tannehill at a lower salary, plus draft picks be greater than Dalton and no Draft picks? Essentially could we get Tannehill for like 10$ mill a year plus escelators to be bridge to the new QB and then trade Dalton?

At the very least I bet he is the backup.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Nope
    Nope what? Don't want him or don't expect him here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Nope what? Don't want him or don't expect him here?

Neither. 1) he's a downgrade, 2) I don't think he's going anywhere to be a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Neither. 1) he's a downgrade, 2) I don't think he's going anywhere to be a backup.
    yeah if we move on from dalton it’s becauae we are going to get our future qb we can groom.

That means no mike glennon either Weston.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    yeah if we move on from dalton it’s becauae we are going to get our future qb we can groom.

That means no mike glennon either Weston.
    Yes, future QB we can groom with a veteran to start the season.