Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Non Bengals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    AJ McCarron cut.

Id be ok with signing him until we draft a guy two months from now. Gives you draft flexibility.
    I'd like to see them add Sean Mannion from the Rams for obvious reasons. I think it would take QB off the draft board entirely.

But if they're drafting a guy I think I'd enjoy watching Tyree Jackson develop. Would love to see how he looks in say....two years.

McCarron to the Texans

McCarron to the Texans
    Good for him. Hope it works out.

And I fully expect the Bengals to take a QB in the draft. Still think Driskel could be the Bengals' Taysom Hill - will be interesting to see what/if he has a role on the team next year.

Wonder if the new coaching staff would ask driskel to change positions?

Wonder if the new coaching staff would ask driskel to change positions?
    I would... or, maybe he can take the initiative himself. He runs well (which we've seen) and he's played WR and on STs in practice.

Woke up this morning to the news of Rob Gronkowski's retirement. My thoughts immediately turned to Jermaine Gresham, IMO a strong contender for the worst 1st round pick the Bengals ever made.

Gronk - HOF

Gresh - POS

Eifert - MIA

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Woke up this morning to the news of Rob Gronkowski's retirement. My thoughts immediately turned to Jermaine Gresham, IMO a strong contender for the worst 1st round pick the Bengals ever made.

Gronk - HOF

Gresh - POS

Eifert - MIA
    I remember taking Gronk in the 2Nd round of all my mock drafts that year.

Then again I think I also had Sergio kindle in the first round so clearly I wasn’t a genius by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post

Gronk - HOF

Gresh - POS

Eifert - MIA
    Not even close. Gresham wasn't great, but he was pretty solid.

Guys like Ogbuehi, Chris Perry, Keith Rivers, David Pollack, Akili Smith, Reinard Wilson, Ki-Jana Carter, John Copeland, Dan Wilkinson, David Klingler...

Gronk’s agent said he could come back if Tom Brady calls him during the season and says he needs Gronk. Sounds like Gronk just wants to skip training camp and preseason and might come back after the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Not even close. Gresham wasn't great, but he was pretty solid....
    Solid compared to who? Not the player the Bengals passed on obviously

Gresham has scored 50 fewer TD's than Gronk and produced less than half the receiving yardage...despite playing in more games. In fact, for his career Gresham has averaged a rather pedestrian 28 yards receiving per game and averaged 5 fewer yards per catch. Meanwhile, Gronk averaged nearly 70 yards per game and ended his career with 28 games with over 100 yards receiving. Oh, and Gesham fumbled 13 times in his career compared to just 3 for Gronk. Fun fact? Gresham had several seasons with the Bengals where he had more fumbles than Gronk had in his entire career. Better blocker? Gronk. Less penalty prone? Gronk.

As for Gresham being solid? Had he managed even that much the Bengals wouldn't have happily let him go when his rookie contract expired.