Thread: Mock Offseason

Mock Offseason

With a week out till free agency I thought for fun people can create their mock offseason with both free agency and the draft. You can either do it what you want the bengals to realistically do or what you think they will do.

My assumptions are 50 M in cap space with 8M going to draft picks and 8 to carryover which we seem to do most years. Leaving a starting amount of 34M to work with.

Cuts
    Vontaze Burfict saves 6M...40M left

Resign
    Eifert for 5M...35
    Uzo for 3M...32
    Hopkins for 2M...30
    Dennard for 8...22

Outside FA
    Jordan Hicks LB for 8...14
    JuWan james RT for 10...4M left

Draft
    1. Devin White LB
    2. Noah Fant TE
    3. Will Grier QB
    4. Michael Jordan G

I don’t know enough about later picks yet so I’ll leave it at 4 rounds.

This obviously doesn’t include extensions for Boyd or aj which id like to get done too. Maybe it would make sense to use the 8M carryover money for that instead of saving for 2020.

I think these moves would fix the two biggest weaknesses on this team, give you a TE to take over for when eifert leaves or he’s hurt again. And also gives you a Qb that should be an immediate upgrade at backup QB and maybe enough upside to take over down the road.

I wish Fant would be there at 42, but after his combine, he will be long gone. Maybe even ahead of Hockinson, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I wish Fant would be there at 42, but after his combine, he will be long gone. Maybe even ahead of Hockinson, apparently.
    I’d also consider Irv Smith in that spot then. By resigning eifert it allows you not to reach for a TE early. If we can’t resign eifert then I definitely hope we get one of the top 4-5 guys in the draft.

Right now, I'd be interested in Josh Oliver at TE. Not sure what round he is projected to go though. As for the draft in the OP, I'll be a little surprised if any of the first 3 are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post

Draft
    1. Devin White LB
    2. Noah Fant TE
    3. Will Grier QB
    4. Michael Jordan G

Tell me where you think he'd have to be picked and I'll tell you how much I want Tyree Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I think Fant has some character issues. He and Ferentz had some mystery game of chicken going on early in the season. Not Aaron Hernandez level crazy, but I think from a football standpoint that would be a good comparison. Really athletic move tight end. I still think Hockenson will go prior due to the safe floor - clean prospect aspect. But after that combine, he's going somewhere on day 1, I imagine.

Devin White is probably as likely as Bosa and Kyler Murray at this point.

thoughts on TE Dwayne Allen?