Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eifert Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Im thinking an early TE is off the board.
    100 agree. And it doesn't make sense logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Signing Eifert and Uzomah, I agree.

Id be interested in using a Saturday pick on Foster Moreau. Or the kid from San Jose St.
    Agreed. And we have 2 guys on the team that could still develop. Schreck and Franks.

Happy to see Eifert back... not sure what his role would be... maybe H-back? He’s definitely a difference maker if he’s healthy, but therein lies the rub. CJ is the number 1 TE, and it will be interesting to see if Schreck and Carter fit in.

Could see TJ Hockenson in the mix at 11, depending on who else is there. For sure I’d think it’s Bosa, Big Q, Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, one of the QBs, Ed Oliver... after that, you have guys like Devin White, Greedy Williams, Andre Dillard, Christian Wilkins, Jonah Williams, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Clelin Ferrell, and Jawaan Taylor.

Devin Bush looked great at the Combine... looked like a DB with his agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    I wouldn't hate it if he was clearly BPA.
    It's a deep draft for TE's but Hockenson is truly unique and IMO you won't find another TE anywhere in this draft with his skill set. For just one example Daniel Jeremiah claimed he'll be the best blocking TE in the draft the moment he's drafted and in a year or two could develop into a more balanced and complete player than Zach Ertz. As for myself, I think Hockenson is the best TE prospect I've seen since Gronkowski.

Is that enough to make him BPA? Seems impossible to say without knowing how the draft will shake out. All I know for certain is I'd rather have Hockenson in stripes than Rashan Gary, Jonah Williams, or Cody Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Happy to see Eifert back... not sure what his role would be... maybe H-back? He’s definitely a difference maker if he’s healthy, but therein lies the rub. CJ is the number 1 TE, and it will be interesting to see if Schreck and Carter fit in.

Could see TJ Hockenson in the mix at 11, depending on who else is there. For sure I’d think it’s Bosa, Big Q, Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, one of the QBs, Ed Oliver... after that, you have guys like Devin White, Greedy Williams, Andre Dillard, Christian Wilkins, Jonah Williams, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Clelin Ferrell, and Jawaan Taylor.

Devin Bush looked great at the Combine... looked like a DB with his agility.

I think Eifert’s role is the same as last year and before. He’s your #2 or #3 target when on the field. Primarily used inside the 20’s. So red zone and getting away from your end zone. Give him 60% of the snaps.