Thread: Will the Real Miami Dolphins Please Stand Up!

Will the Real Miami Dolphins Please Stand Up!

Who are the Dolphins really? Are they the 3-0 road warriors as the Herald claim or are they the team that got embarrased by the Patriots a couple of weeks ago on Monday night? Nobody doubts that there is talent on this team. But to beat good teams on the road takes consistent execution on both sides of the ball. We just need to string these games together and we will be right in the think of playoffs. Cameron Wake had a pro-bowl game yesterday! He single handedly gave us this win.

Blog Entries
    I think the 'phins are a good team that will go somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 and miss the playoffs, simply because they didn't beat either the Pats or Jets in Miami, and there's only two wildcard slots. But, they have quite a few emerging young players and are a threat team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I think the 'phins are a good team that will go somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 and miss the playoffs, simply because they didn't beat either the Pats or Jets in Miami, and there's only two wildcard slots. But, they have quite a few emerging young players and are a threat team again.
    While I agree, all we would have to do is beat both the Jets and Pats on their home turf and it balances out. A hard thing to do, I know. But they have a shot. So far, they are porving that they are more than capable of beating good teams on the road. Also, both the Jets and Pats have to beat the Vikings and Packers; presummably when both teams will be better than when the Dolphins played them. It makes things interesting looking ahead...

Blog Entries
    The phins are for real on the road. Winning at the Metrodome and at Lambeau is not easy.

But unless they can take their talents to South Beach, they won't do well.

They can beat the Jets in NY, as they proved last year.
    I don't think they can beat the Pats in NE, specially in Jan with the cold.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    The phins are for real on the road. Winning at the Metrodome and at Lambeau is not easy.
    I wouldn't make much of yesterday's win in Lambeau. The Packer's two outside linebackers were an undrafted free agent and a guy up from the practice squad. One of the defensive ends was a guy that was cut after camp and not signed to the practice squad. The Dolpins have some good young talent but their offense is pretty anemic. I don't think Chad Henne is going to make it in the NFL, unless he can find some accuracy. A good quarterback would have put up forty on the Packers yesterday. They have zero pass rush.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    While I agree, all we would have to do is beat both the Jets and Pats on their home turf and it balances out. A hard thing to do, I know. But they have a shot. So far, they are porving that they are more than capable of beating good teams on the road. Also, both the Jets and Pats have to beat the Vikings and Packers; presummably when both teams will be better than when the Dolphins played them. It makes things interesting looking ahead...
    Jets play the Packers on Halloween and we get the Vikings the same day. Green Bay will likely still be beat up, and there's a tiny change Favre will be suspended, so the Pats would face Tjack. I think the Dolphins are on the cusp, I just don't think they make it this year. Mostly because I think the playoff shape up like this:

AFC West: KC winning the division
    AFC South: Someone winning it. Flip a coin, could be any of the teams. I'd lean towards Indy, but it's wide open.
    AFC North: Ravens as Div Camps, Steelers Wildcard.
    AFC East: Pats as Div Champ, Jets as Wildcard.

If Karma bites the Steelers, I think the 'phins might get in this year.