Thread: 49ers fans exhale, but still feel empty.

Blog Entries

49ers fans exhale, but still feel empty.

Yes, the 49ers got their first win of the season, but
    it was against the Raiders.

This team still has major problems.

--Alex Smith is inconsistent and inaccurate.

--THey rely on Frank Gore too much to drive the Offense.

--How come the D can't stop the run anymore?

--If Takeo Spikes can't run anymore, he needs to sit on the bench.

-- Why don't Crabtree and VD get 4 balls thrown to them every quarter?

--The 49ers still run a basic and predictable offense. Run, Run, Screen, Punt.

-- How come there is some coaching/clock management issue every game?

This win wasn't really confidence inspiring...

My preseason prediction of 11-5 for the 49ers looks a little silly now.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Niners are going 11-5 this season. . Eagles vs. Ravens SB XLV pick. [/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Thephaze[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Sometimes a win, any win, any how, will turn a team around. The atmosphere in the building is different after a win, maybe this win (it doesn't matter that it was Oakland) will catapult this team forward, and they become the team that they envisioned, as well as their fans. The next two weeks will tell, the 49ers have a winnable schedule ahead of them.

Next week @ Carolina is the most important game of the season.
    If the Niners can win against the Panthers (with a week off to prepare to stop the vaunted Niners attack) then it could be the catalyst for a division run. If they regress and fall, on the road, to an inferior Panthers team...game set and match for the mediocrity of the 2010 Niners.

At this point I say the Niners don't even think about replacing Smith with Carr. The Niners HAVE to be the ones to get whatever they can from Smith. He shows just enough flashes of competency that it would be cruel to the fanbase who have agonized with all of the other deluges of ineptitude for him to be cast away, wind up with another team and finally develop into a starting QB. Granted, some would say that they have already seen enough...including myself as recently as the 2nd quarter yesterday...but I am willing to cut him just a bit more slack considering he was throwing to the corpse of Isaac Bruce for the past couple of years. After this season...the complete season...it's judgment day for Senor Smith.
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    At this point I say the Niners don't even think about replacing Smith with Carr. The Niners HAVE to be the ones to get whatever they can from Smith. He shows just enough flashes of competency that it would be cruel to the fanbase who have agonized with all of the other deluges of ineptitude for him to be cast away, wind up with another team and finally develop into a starting QB. Granted, some would say that they have already seen enough...including myself as recently as the 2nd quarter yesterday...but I am willing to cut him just a bit more slack considering he was throwing to the corpse of Isaac Bruce for the past couple of years. After this season...the complete season...it's judgment day for Senor Smith.
    Not to mention that David Carr has had his bite at the apple. If the Niners had a young guy with no tread wear, I might think differently. Your guys are in a real bind if Smith cannot come through. But Carr has shown over 8 years what he is: sub par. Why in the hell would anyone want that guy as their QB?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

That win was so ugly it felt like a loss. 3 quarters of horrible, horrible football followed by two decent drives and a good run by Gore. If Jason Campbell hadn't been the second coming of JaMarcus Russel the 49ers would have been blown out.

Gotta agree with Hoser. As much as I dislike Smith's play on the field he's really all the 49ers have due to incredible short-sightedness from the front office. Carr and Troy Smith are just backups - neither looks to be a developmental QB. May as well let Smith take the beating this year and save the backups for when we might need them.

If Alexcuses is on the roster at the beginning of next season though I will probably go postal.

Blog Entries
    I agree MC.

If Alex Smith is on this team next year, and I have to sit through this again,
    I may run onto the field and H2H him just to get him out of my life.

We are wasting the prime years of Gore (who is one of the most underrated players in the league)
    waiting for Alex Smith.

God I'm just sick of him....

"Alexcuses" = Good One.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Niners are going 11-5 this season. . Eagles vs. Ravens SB XLV pick. [/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Thephaze[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    If Alexcuses is on the roster at the beginning of next season though I will probably go postal.
    FML

(10 character minimum)