Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rookie Minicamp this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think Sutherland has a shot to make the PS. As far as guys making the 53, I’m guessing best candidates are Stanley Morgan and the LB from Memphis, Curtis Akins.
    FWIW, in the Stanley Morgan/Ochocinco article, Hobson dropped the tidbit in there that they had Willis rated higher than Morgan. That was a surprise to me because I know some draft analysts had Morgan as a top-10 receiver in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    FWIW, in the Stanley Morgan/Ochocinco article, Hobson dropped the tidbit in there that they had Willis rated higher than Morgan. That was a surprise to me because I know some draft analysts had Morgan as a top-10 receiver in the class.
    Yes, I saw that as well. And I heard one of the PFF guys interviewed and he didn't like Stanley Morgan very much. Morgan's a good athlete and his route running, from what I've read, was among the best in the draftable WR class. He can also return kicks, which is a bonus. But like all these guys, I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think Sutherland has a shot to make the PS. As far as guys making the 53, I’m guessing best candidates are Stanley Morgan and the LB from Memphis, Curtis Akins.
    PS is a good bet but I can imagine a few scenarios where Sutherland makes the 53....especially if Alex Redmond is slow to recover from injury. Bengals are said to be enamored with Redmond's upside but IMO he's so mistake prone it impacts the guys playing on either side. Since last season ended the Bengals have added numerous blockers with experience playing ORG. John Miller seems ticketed for the starting job and Trey Hopkins could backup at several spots. As for Sutherland, he started at three different positions for the Aggies and was even Eric McCoy's primary backup at OC. He started at ORG for most of two seasons, losing and then regaining the job after undergoing shoulder surgery and in his final year won the starting ORT spot. Started the first six games, them missed one start due to an appendectomy. After returning he finished the season as the starting OLG.

Long story short he has starting experience at three different positions and can even backup at OC in a pinch. Coupled with his experience working with Turner I think he's a long shot candidate to make the final 53 if they've finally seen enough of Redmond.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Morgan is a bit off a love him or hate him type IMO. Wins mostly with quickness and is very productive but lacks the speed to get separation or threaten deep. From a production standpoint I think he benefited from playing on a bad team without many weapons and seems relegated to the slot where the Bengals already have lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Long story short he has starting experience at three different positions and can even backup at OC in a pinch. Coupled with his experience working with Turner I think he's a long shot candidate to make the final 53 if they've finally seen enough of Redmond.
    Bump.

Maybe, just maybe a bit less of a long shot today.