Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 non-Bengals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    How crazy is that?! It has to be awful to be a Colts fan right now.
    I can't believe the fans booed him as he was walking off the field in the preseason game. Crazier still all you heard was boos. Nobody was cheering. Just boos or silence.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I can't believe the fans booed him as he was walking off the field in the preseason game. Crazier still all you heard was boos. Nobody was cheering. Just boos or silence.
    I genuinely give Colts fans a pass for last night. There had been weeks of limbo on his latest injury, and then boom. The news breaks mid game that the savior of the franchise was retiring, and the Video cuts to him joking around on the sideline.

It was a disaster for the news to come out during the game. It was worse that he was at the game when it happened. It was worse still to be shown smiling on the sidelines... I think Schefter is a total weenie for not waiting until the game was over to break that.

I genuinely give Colts fans a pass for last night. There had been weeks of limbo on his latest injury, and then boom. The news breaks mid game that the savior of the franchise was retiring, and the Video cuts to him joking around on the sideline.

It was a disaster for the news to come out during the game. It was worse that he was at the game when it happened. It was worse still to be shown smiling on the sidelines... I think Schefter is a total weenie for not waiting until the game was over to break that.
    I get all the reasons people give to justify the booing, and maybe they regret it today, but you still have to be a bit of a jerk to boo in that situation.

Schefter didn't get to the top by being a stand up guy.

He’s always come across as someone who would cut your throat to beat you to a story.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Not a good look for sure but I can understand fan frustration, especially given how Luck played last year, and the huge improvements the team made. I think they were expecting big things from the Colts’ team this fall.

No doubt it was a difficult decision for Luck, and the timing is never good for something like that. Guessing it took that long because it became more clear that the injury was pretty serious, and not the average tweak. Once Luck saw what was ahead, he was being true to the vow he’d made to not go through another rehab. The fan reaction didn’t factor into his decision, nor should it have.

Fans’ first reaction is always going to be how it affects them, and not of the player, who agonized over his options before making the decision. Football has been the major theme in his life up to now, so to decide to give that up while he’s still young had to be exceedingly difficult, and he indicated as much.

Miami sends Tunsil and Kenny Stills to Houston for two 1sts and a 2nd

Antonio Brown cut. People already expecting him to be a Patriot.

I think the Seahawks would be a good fit for him. Not sure their cap situation. I’d take him just to watch him go nuts against Pittsburgh twice.

And just like that, Antonio Brown is a Patriot. Almost as if it were pre-planned.

Yikes. Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Julian Edelman and Demaryius Thomas are Brady’s WRs now.