Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Week 3: Bengals at Bills Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
    Put me in the "blow it up" camp.
    I can't support that idea until they fire Duke Tobin.

Absolutely pathetic

Dehner

#Bengals ST coordinator Darrin Simmons on what he was told by the official regarding Auden Tate's holding call on kickoff return TD: "Said he saw him grab him. Said he saw him spin him around. He said he thought it was the easiest call he'd made all year."

We are 6 points away from leading the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post

Interesting perspective. Though technically seven

5. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the failures of our rivals as much as anyone, but let’s not pretend that’s any indication that this team is anything other than an absolute gong show.

Quote Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the failures of our rivals as much as anyone, but let’s not pretend that’s any indication that this team is anything other than an absolute gong show.
    There is still a chance for the offense to get some legs when AJ comes back. We haven't scratched the surface of what Zac wants to do and we've already seem them mixing things up with personnel trying to create something. All that gets easier with AJ and I think if they have a chance to hit their stride we could control the tempo much better and even some of these games out.

Steelers 2x, Browns 2x, Cards, Radiers, Jets, Fins.

If you beat the Steelers and feel good about it, then there's a path to 7 wins because the offense gains stream. I'd personally feel better about Zac Taylor and the 2020 Bengals of they finished 7-9 winning 4 of 6 to close 2019 than if this dumpster fire dragged out to 3-13 and we are blowing things up with a rookie QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    But has the team passed any kind of eye test to you? Outside of throwing the football, this team has not been very good. Too many mistakes in the redzone. Not turning turnovers into points. Can't run the football. Can't tackle. Not that great in coverage. This team would still get blown out by the Pats or Chiefs. Do we really want to sneak in and have no shot or finally get some blue chip players that give us a chance?

This isn't all about when AJ comes back. Sure that's great but there are a bunch of things that can occur.

1. First year coordinators hit their stride with game planning and play calling.
    2. Players in the first year of new systems start to flow.
    3. The game starts slowing down for young players.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    But has the team passed any kind of eye test to you? Outside of throwing the football, this team has not been very good. Too many mistakes in the redzone. Not turning turnovers into points. Can't run the football. Can't tackle. Not that great in coverage. This team would still get blown out by the Pats or Chiefs. Do we really want to sneak in and have no shot or finally get some blue chip players that give us a chance?
    I want us to win enough games to know what winning is and get the offense and defense rolling.

Coaches: I want them to get comfortable calling plays and in game situations. I think that the offensive side of the ball has the right guys and I expect Bill Callahan to come over as AHC after the season. Defense, I am not sure.

QB: I want to see if Dalton can get comfortable in the offense. I am not a Goff fan and believe this offense can make the QB. With that said I would like to see Dalton take a seat in some capacity for long enough that we get to see Finley and Dolegola. To not have to draft a QB with a top ten pick would be an absolute gift.
    RB: I want to see why they felt the need to pay Bernard like a top ten back. He has 21 touches on the year and we just drafted 2 other guys.
    WR: I want to re-sign AJ but also find roles for Tate and Erickson.
    TE: Uzomah has disappeared. Why did we pay him 6 million a year to not do anything?
    OL: I want to be sure about atleast 3 starters by the end of the year. Whether it's Price or Jordan at G, Hopkins on a new contract at C, Miller at RG, Williams coming back for the last month and playing decent. I just want to know where we are. I would love to see for a half Williams-Price-Hopkins-Miller-Jordan. The biggest projection there is Jordan at RT but he has the size. I also want to know if Jim Turner is the coach here because Bill Callahan can be.
    DL: I want to know what we have in Hubbard and Lawson. I also want to explore extending Billings.
    LB: I want to play Pratt and Evans as much as we can and possibly make a trade for someone else's young LB.
    DB: I want to bench Kirkpatrick and see what we have in Phillips et. al.

I think this team has the talent and while I don't think it will be this year by next year they will come together.