Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A.J. Green not ready to practice or play

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Jason LaCanfora claims multiple contending teams positioning themselves to make trade for veteran players before the trade deadline expires. LaCanfora claims the Patriots and Saints are both expected to make offers for Bengal pass catchers AJ Green and Tyler Eifert. He also claims there's interest in Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins if those players are made available.
    He updated the article. Claims there are several teams willing to part with a 1st round pick if AJ Green can show he's healthy by the trade deadline. Also claimed there is interest in Dre Kirkpatrick and William Jackson.

Think giving a rookie QB someone like AJ would really help the rebuild. The injuries suck but this team is just very bad without him. He gives them a chance in every game if he plays.

Getting out from under Dre’s contract would be nice. No more corners that can’t play the run.

And part of my belief is rooted in the fact that we will likely bone whatever picks we make. Midas whale keep the elite talent we have no matter how injury prone. We are going to see again today how teams attack us when we have literally no speed on the perimeter.

Jason LaCanfora claims multiple contending teams positioning themselves to make trade for veteran players before the trade deadline expires. LaCanfora claims the Patriots and Saints are both expected to make offers for Bengal pass catchers AJ Green and Tyler Eifert. He also claims there's interest in Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins if those players are made available.
    I’m eager to turn Eifert and Dre into draft picks. I’m ultimately okay with Green and Dunlap getting traded. Atkins is a tough sell for me, but could be persuaded with the right argument. I think moving WJIII is bad. Is so good, and so young, at such a prized position.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Think giving a rookie QB someone like AJ would really help the rebuild. The injuries suck but this team is just very bad without him. He gives them a chance in every game if he plays.
    Lacanfora claims to have spoken with eight active GM. All expressed heavy interest in the Bengals roster of players and several felt the Bengals could easily surpass the tanking Dolphins in regards to draft positioning and stockpiling simply because the Bengals roster is better overall. Our fire sale would be bigger.

Also, the consensus opinion of the GM's was AJ would not resign with Cincy.

My guess is if they get the guy a new quarterback in a more promising system, he would come back. But we the franchise tag in any case anyways. His recent comments make me believe he would be about coming back, but could also be lip service.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    My guess is if they get the guy a new quarterback in a more promising system, he would come back. But we the franchise tag in any case anyways. His recent comments make me believe he would be about coming back, but could also be lip service.
    I just don’t think he’s a lip service kind of guy. I tend to think he’d more likely stay than leave.

IMO the biggest claim in LaCanfora's articles is word that several teams are willing to part with a 1st round pick for Green.

They need to do that.

IMO the biggest claim in LaCanfora's articles is word that several teams are willing to part with a 1st round pick for Green.

They need to do that.
    Yeah, I think you have to. If you can get what you paid for the guy, at 31, after a few injuries, you really need to do it.

And turn it into Billy Price? The guy worked really well out of the slot last year. I’d rather pay him 15 than Joe.