Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers Game Thread

So maddening being a Bengals fan. Nothing to be encouraged about. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yep.

I was looking for hope tonight. I had wanted to believe for so long that Lewis had held players back with his approach to big games. But it just looks like even the guys we all like just aren't good enough...and there's only a few of them.

They gotta blow it up and be aggressive.

F
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    Yep.

I was looking for hope tonight. I had wanted to believe for so long that Lewis had held players back with his approach to big games. But it just looks like even the guys we all like just aren't good enough...and there's only a few of them.

They gotta blow it up and be aggressive.
    With Duke and the Browns running things? Not gonna be aggressive. Never have been.

It’s too bad... they have a few pieces like Boyd, Mixon... Lawson, Glasgow. Gio. Guys who are tough, take no prisoners.

But between green coaching, not enough good players, and an inept FO and management team... hard to see many positives here. Hope I’m wrong because I like Zac but they just weren’t even competitive.

As Parcells used to say, you are what you are, 0-4.

Best shot to win is home vs AZ next week. Kyler is the slipperiest QB there is, and he’s got a gun. Not gonna be easy.

Andy sucks. I’m sorry. It’s just time for a change. He’s not the answer. He just isn’t.

Andy sucks. I’m sorry. It’s just time for a change. He’s not the answer. He just isn’t.
    I'm not against replacing Andy...but realistically what does the rest of 2019 and our prospects for 2020 look like if you straight swap AD for Kyler Murray today?

This team, it's become obvious now, is years away from competing for a SB. Show some roster building progress AND THEN identify a QB who's going to elevate.

People forget both the Chiefs and Texans were perennial playoff teams who traded up to get a QB they thought could put it all together.

IMO that's a far cry from drafting a QB defacto and banking on his elite skills to mask significant roster deficiencies...that's how you get Jamarcus Russell.

Can you imagine what David Johnson and a running QB will do to this LBless team?

Agree they shoulda work on building a more competitive roster... no doubt that’s needed. Maybe it’s premature on the QB but I’d strongly consider it. Although I know it’s not going to happen, since there is nothing like a shaky OL to make a rookie QB even worse.

I know part,of it is the knee jerk fandom in me - it’s just that I have seen enough of Andy’s faults, and currently, maybe Finley isn’t as good, but may well have the capacity to be better. Does Andy, with this roster, give you 6 wins? Maybe?

So, say you win 3 or 4 with Finley... you rely more on the run game like Pitt did, with short passes to backs, TEs, and screens, jet sweeps, etc.. I just don’t feel great about Andy and his upside. Personally, I wouldn’t give Andy a new deal when his current one ends.

If Finley shows that he’s got something, great... you are further ahead. If not, you take Justin Herbert or Tua and move on.

"Things can always get worse. There could be locusts." --- Irish proverb