Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    depends. This year you can still get someone like Jake Fromm in the early 2nd.

im not sure there’s a huge difference between Tua and Fromm
    There is. Same as there ended up being a difference between Newton and Dalton. It's not a massive gap, but it's a decided gap.

depends. This year you can still get someone like Jake Fromm in the early 2nd.

im not sure there’s a huge difference between Tua and Fromm
    I think Fromm is going to be a pretty distant 4th in this group, maybe 5th depending on Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I don't think they can justify passing on QB at this time. Not seriously.
    Agreed. There will be three that upgrade us substantially. The roster is there to be good next year with coaching and QB upgrades.

There is. Same as there ended up being a difference between Newton and Dalton. It's not a massive gap, but it's a decided gap.

sure and outside of one year where he had a dominant defense, Newton hasn’t really lived up to the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I think Fromm is going to be a pretty distant 4th in this group, maybe 5th depending on Hurts.
    Just making a comparison between Herbert and Fromm. I agree Herbert looks like a prospect with much higher upside. IMO Fromm looks like the better QB right now. Was making smarter decisions.

Right. If they try the second round route again, they end up with another QB that doesn't have elite traits and then you need a LOT to come together to get around that. Or massively luck into a Wilson or a Brady. I would rather they select one of the qbs with elite traits and take their chances over hoping to build around another game manager type.
    That's pretty much where I am. If you're drafting really high and a top-end QB prospect is there, I'd pull the trigger. The hope is that you're not picking there again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Just making a comparison between Herbert and Fromm. I agree Herbert looks like a prospect with much higher upside. IMO Fromm looks like the better QB right now. Was making smarter decisions.
    The knock against Herbert has been/will be that he isn't asked to do a lot, mentally, relative to some others. Doesn't mean he can't, but he hasn't as much to this point.

I just worry Birrow is the next coming of Ryan Leaf
    I don't see the comparison. Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    I don't see the comparison. Explain.

it’s tough to explain, and I’m probably way off, just some interviews I’ve seen he strikes me as someone, when the going gets tough, it’s someone else’s fault.

Derrik Klassen
    @QBKlass
    ·
    3h
    Joe Burrow beat the hell out of the Gators. On 24 attempts, Burrow was inaccurate just twice, and one of them was still catchable. Burrow isn't exciting, but he almost always makes the right throw and puts the ball in the right place.