Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Talk

QB Talk

The season seems to be headed this way, so we might as well talk about it. Let's talk 2020 Draft QB's.

Tua Tagovailoa:
    I'm not sold on him, but he certainly is highly regarded and has the big game pedigree. I'm not sure about his accuracy 15+yds, but I've only watched 3-4 games.

Justin Herbert: Pass. IMO He's Marcus Mariota 2.0. Sure he can run, but while I want a mobile QB I don't necessarily want a running QB. Don't love his accuracy. A lot of his throws are to wide open WR's so he doesn't need to be pinpoint accurate, and his WR's often have to dive to catch low balls. In three games I only saw one elite caliber throw.

Anthony Gordon: Checked him out awhile back since former Washington State QB's Gardner Minshew and Luke Falk were getting starting chances in the NFL. I like him and think he's a guy you could potentially get int he late first, early 2nd if you don't want to go QB in round 1. Runs Mike Leach's offense, so he's throwing it all over the place. Strong arm. Threw 9 TD's vs UCLA a couple weeks ago. Definitely a guy to continue to follow.

Jacob Eason: Washington QB. Didn't know much about him other than Goodberry had been eyeing him. Not really impressed so far. Like Herbert, rarely has to make a tough throw. Lots of screens and short throws. Edit: Watched him vs Eastern Washington, and despite playing a low level opponent, I saw at least 2 elite level throws.

Current rankings:

Tuta Tagovailoa
    Anthony Gordon
    Jacob Eason
    Justin Herbert
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-07-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Love the big game pedigree from Tua and the ability to extend plays. Worried about the injury history. I’m not sure what pick we end up with but if it comes down to Tua and Chase we are going to have a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Love the big game pedigree from Tua and the ability to extend plays. Worried about the injury history. I’m not sure what pick we end up with but if it comes down to Tua and Chase we are going to have a tough choice.

what is Tua’s injury history?

And on that note, apparently Chase Young played much of last season with two sprained ankles, including the Rose Bowl.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-03-2019 at 12:53 PM.

If this team is picking top 5, it needs to pick a QB.

Duke Tobin picks a QB in the Top5.

What could go wrong?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...status-updates

Heres a pretty good timeline. He was pretty banged up last year between the knee and ankle. Tough cat, but just slightly worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    If this team is picking top 5, it needs to pick a QB.
    I agree...unless you purposely tank 2020. And I mean getting rid of Andy and most of your other high priced guys. Load up on draft picks and start Finley or dolelaga all year and do whatever it takes to guarantee a top 2 pick in 2021 draft.

Risky but if you do it right you could build up a lot of draft capital and cap space and still get a shot at a Trevor Lawrence not maybe a Justin fields if he keeps progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Duke Tobin picks a QB in the Top5.

What could go wrong?
    That sentiment works for any pick he might make at any position, no?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That sentiment works for any pick he might make at any position, no?
    Sadly, yes.

Just seems like there might be a higher degree of difficulty when drafting a QB.

For the record, I'm fine with the idea of drafting a QB. Just don't want Tobin doing the drafting.

I mean, dalton has been ‘aight for what he is. At this point I don’t want Tobin within 100 miles of a decision involving drafting a T or a LB...