Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Updates

In all seriousness...maybe a 'like' 'dislike' button a la Facebook, maybe that functionality is already here. I don't know it's my first forum site...but sometimes you want to tell a poster "Right on man!" or "screw you pal!" but don't feel like actually posting something that doesn't add in any way to the conversation.
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

Blog Entries
    I'd like a Child Please button, because I'd use it a lot haha...and my helmet cam at the moment would literally be me eating, watching a lot of TV, eating more (I'm fat), and watching more TV, at least until Wednesday, then I won't be on here 20/24 hours haha.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    In all seriousness...maybe a 'like' 'dislike' button a la Facebook, maybe that functionality is already here. I don't know it's my first forum site...but sometimes you want to tell a poster "Right on man!" or "screw you pal!" but don't feel like actually posting something that doesn't add in any way to the conversation.

A thumbs up/down feature would be better.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    I'd like a Child Please button, because I'd use it a lot haha...and my helmet cam at the moment would literally be me eating, watching a lot of TV, eating more (I'm fat), and watching more TV, at least until Wednesday, then I won't be on here 20/24 hours haha.
    I second the motion for a child please button
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    There is a 'user reputation' system. If you see something you like you would give the user reputation points. I have it turned off because it didn't seem that useful to me, but we can turn it on it people are interested. Sadly, there is not a 'screw you pal' system.

I could also put a "child please" button on each post. It wouldn't do anything but might make you feel better, sort of like the 'close door' button on an elevator.

Blog Entries
    I shall rapidly and repeatedly click the mouse over the child please button as I see the trolls vanish into the night
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    There is a 'user reputation' system. If you see something you like you would give the user reputation points. I have it turned off because it didn't seem that useful to me, but we can turn it on it people are interested. Sadly, there is not a 'screw you pal' system.

I could also put a "child please" button on each post. It wouldn't do anything but might make you feel better, sort of like the 'close door' button on an elevator.
    I don't know about user reputation points. I may make a few people angry and end up getting dinged on my reputation just because they disagree with me. I will never believe that everyone on the internet will show common sense.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    I will never believe that everyone on the internet will show common sense.
    That statement needs to go on the internet Mt.Rushmore
    Last edited by Colts01; 07-14-2010 at 12:57 AM.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    I don't know about user reputation points. I may make a few people angry and end up getting dinged on my reputation just because they disagree with me. I will never believe that everyone on the internet will show common sense.

I agree. I like the idea of the user reputation but there are just too many people out there that are angry and carry around way too much hatred.
    I don't like the idea of a "child please" button..... I think the comments ratings would be a better idea. Just the thumbs up, thumbs down type of thing.
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh

Great job policing the site so far. Got the message regarding the foul language. Apologies. Will keep it clean going forward.

User reputation points? That could get hairy real quick as membership grows. I agree with the others on just a simple thumbs up/down.