Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Updates

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Great job policing the site so far. Got the message regarding the foul language. Apologies. Will keep it clean going forward.

User reputation points? That could get hairy real quick as membership grows. I agree with the others on just a simple thumbs up/down.
    Thanks, and we haven't spelled that out as clearly as we should, which is why we didn't chastise or otherwise overreact. I did make a change to the site so most of Carlin's 7 words will now automatically be replaced by ****, which I should have done initially.

So, I couldn't tell, do you like Matt Millen or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattrick View Post
    I agree. I like the idea of the user reputation but there are just too many people out there that are angry and carry around way too much hatred.
    I agree as well, which is why I didn't turn on reputation to begin with. Plus every board uses rep points, they've become a cliche. Fine for lesser sites, but we're above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Thanks, and we haven't spelled that out as clearly as we should, which is why we didn't chastise or otherwise overreact. I did make a change to the site so most of Carlin's 7 words will now automatically be replaced by ****, which I should have done initially.
    Just his words? Individually? What about if used in a riddle? An anecdote? An ironic musing? Are you prepared to make that sort of judgment call? I think not!

Is there a way to highlight/favorite certain users? Allows their posts to show up in a different color so you can track certain people's thoughts, for better or worse.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Not sure that there's a way to highlight, but you can click on their name and click on 'view forum posts'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLinc View Post
    Just his words? Individually? What about if used in a riddle? An anecdote? An ironic musing? Are you prepared to make that sort of judgment call? I think not!

Is there a way to highlight/favorite certain users? Allows their posts to show up in a different color so you can track certain people's thoughts, for better or worse.
    Like internet stalking? lol, j/k.

Blog Entries
    This is ******* ******** I'm never ******* coming on this ************* site again!!! Kidding, of ******* course
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Don't worry, you can still say ****.

Oops, nope, guess you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post

So, I couldn't tell, do you like Matt Millen or not?
    Screw that guy. My boys & I call it the 'kids table' when Millen shows up on MNF with Stu Scott (don't get me started on that guy) & Steve Young.

/currently surrounded by the smell of gun oil from cleaning up the old shotty...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattrick View Post
    Like internet stalking? lol, j/k.
    Heh, kind of. Works nice for long threads that you arrive late to, so you can scroll through and read certain users whose perspective you might enjoy more than others, or color them as their favorite team so you can gauge any bias that might also be present. Some sites use it to allow users to flag trolls, but I don't think that will be a problem here.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    This is ******* ******** I'm never ******* coming on this ************* site again!!! Kidding, of ******* course
    you took the *********** right out of my mouth! stupid *** ..lol!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard