Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Updates

Site Updates

We've implemented a few of the changes requested by our users:

1. Report Post button - desperately needed and a day late, but it's here now. There's a small black triangle at the bottom left of each post. You can click on it when someone is being abusive, spamming or using unacceptable language (but not when someone is a fan of a team you don't like). Only moderators will see the report. We are still deciding how strict we are going to be with the forum, aside from George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV, but feel free to use the 'Report Post' button liberally.

2. 'Show all posts' link for contributors. I had several request for a quick and painless way to see all of Cris' posts. On the Front Page, under contributors, there's a link that you can click to show all posts for each of the contributors.

In the queue: I will create an off-topic forum for other (lesser) sports and general, not totally football related conversations.

We are still a work in progress. Feel free make any suggestions that you feel might improve the site in any way.

thanks,

Andy Freeland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    We've implemented a few of the changes requested by our users:

1. Report Post button - desperately needed and a day late, but it's here now. There's a small black triangle at the bottom left of each post. You can click on it when someone is being abusive, spamming or using unacceptable language (but not when someone is a fan of a team you don't like). Only moderators will see the report. We are still deciding how strict we are going to be with the forum, aside from George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV, but feel free to use the 'Report Post' button liberally.

2. 'Show all posts' link for contributors. I had several request for a quick and painless way to see all of Cris' posts. On the Front Page, under contributors, there's a link that you can click to show all posts for each of the contributors.

In the queue: I will create an off-topic forum for other (lesser) sports and general, not totally football related conversations.

We are still a work in progress. Feel free make any suggestions that you feel might improve the site in any way.

thanks,

Andy Freeland
    Is there a way to get some type of a message, email, or notification if someone responds to a post of mine? The reason I asked, is Collinsworth responded to something I had said, and had I not visited the thread I wouldn't have know.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    Is there a way to get some type of a message, email, or notification if someone responds to a post of mine? The reason I asked, is Collinsworth responded to something I had said, and had I not visited the thread I wouldn't have know.
    Although that might seem like a good idea, it would rapidly become a nuisance to you. It would also be a severe drain on our server to send out an email to everyone in a thread every time Cris posts. I realize that people want to see what Cris has to say, especially in response to their questions and we're trying to make his posts as accessible as possible. Probably the best idea at this point is to click on 'show all posts' under his name on the front page under contributors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    When you post in a thread, there should be an option somewhere to subscribe to that thread. If you select that, you can have it send you an email whenever someone posts in that thread, so you can always stay on top of it.

Oops. NickMykita is absolutely right. At the top of every thread is a drop down menu labeled 'Thread Tools', with 'Subscribe to Thread' under it, which will do what you want. Thanks NickMykita, I owe you one.

How about all external and article links by default open in a new window? Small feature but something that gets overlooked sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    How about all external and article links by default open in a new window? Small feature but something that gets overlooked sometimes.
    That's how I had it originally, but then any internal links were also opening in their own window (not from the menus obviously, but from any articles and posts), which is just obnoxious so I turned it off. That's a programming issue that I need to take another look at. Thanks.

I personally open all new posts and threads in new tabs anyways so for me it's ideal. I realize other people might not like it, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMykita View Post
    When you post in a thread, there should be an option somewhere to subscribe to that thread. If you select that, you can have it send you an email whenever someone posts in that thread, so you can always stay on top of it.
    Nick I found it under thread tools. Good lookin' out chief.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

I'd like streaming helmet cams for each of the contributors as well as DannyMilk so that I may watch and correct deficiencies in my own internet performance.
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."