Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finley to start after the bye

Finley to start after the bye

Per nfl network

Wow. Well, all right. Glad they are giving him a shot.

3. Well, it's something. I hope he can bring us something Andy didn't. Will be disappointed if this isn't accompanied by any other trade news though.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Kinda sad, kinda exciting.

Really thought 2015 was going to be the year Andy would get the playoff monkey off his back and prove the doubters wrong. Broken thumb, letting the OL go, and here we are.

I don’t think Finley is the guy, but at least we have 8 games to see if it’s possible. Hopefully he shows enough at least that 2020 wouldn’t be a huge wash if we draft Chase over a QB.

It also changes some of my outlook on the next 8 games. Now I’ll be happy if we win because of Ryan Finley whereas before if we won with Andy it wouldn’t really matter much to me because I knew I was done with him.

Happy Birthday Andy Dalton.

Kind of wish we would have waited a few weeks to get some pieces back to give him a better chance to succeed but let’s see what we have.

The big question now, in my opinion, is does Ryan Finley show enough to show that he could be an Andy Dalton like QB over the next 3.5 years. Maybe not a top tier guy but a second tier guy.

If so, do you roll with him the next couple years knowing he’ll cost very little and you can use all the extra QB money on other positions.

Or do you still want to shoot for the moon on a potential top tier QB?

First steps are Finley looking at least decent over the next 8 weeks.

Bengals bench Andy Dalton in favor of rookie Ryan Finley
    Written By Marc Lancaster

The winless Bengals will have a new starting quarterback coming out of their bye week.

Cincinnati has decided to bench Andy Dalton and go with rookie Ryan Finley as its starter, coach Zac Taylor confirmed Tuesday.

Head Coach Zac Taylor said it was his decision to start QB Ryan Finley coming out of the bye week, and he informed Andy Dalton of that this morning. Said it was not an easy decision to make, but they want to see what he can do. This isn’t just for one game.

Dalton has started every Bengals game for which he has been healthy since Week 1 of his rookie season in 2011. But with the Bengals off to an 0-8 start heading into a bye this weekend, Taylor has decided to make a change — on Dalton's 32nd birthday, no less.

Finley, 24, was a fourth-round draft pick out of N.C. State this spring. He played well in the preseason, completing 73.4 percent of his passes in three games with three touchdowns and an interception, but has not seen action in the regular season.

Dalton has completed 204 of 338 passes (60.4 percent) for 2,252 with nine TDs and eight interceptions through the first half of the season. He's set to make $16.2 million this season and is under contract for $17.7 million in 2020, the final year of his current deal.

Finley will make his debut Nov. 10 at home against the Ravens.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...p1v0w8fz4fwre8

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    The big question now, in my opinion, is does Ryan Finley show enough to show that he could be an Andy Dalton like QB over the next 3.5 years. Maybe not a top tier guy but a second tier guy.

If so, do you roll with him the next couple years knowing he’ll cost very little and you can use all the extra QB money on other positions.

Or do you still want to shoot for the moon on a potential top tier QB?

First steps are Finley looking at least decent over the next 8 weeks.
    Daniel Jeremiah called him Jared Goff light, and he was a fan of Finley's based on college career and potential as a pro.

He is athletic and he's tough, with a not great - but IMO good enough arm. Glad they are giving him more than a game or two... they need to see how he improves from game to game.

He looked good in maneuvering the pocket in PS. Hope it translates.