Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finley to start after the bye

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Chad Pennington I think.

to compare him to another NC State player, I could see him being in the Mike Glennon category, maybe better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    im not sure you’re going to be able to properly evaluate him behind this line.
    Then why make the move at all?

Finley needs to play better than Dalton. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    I'm curious where the bar is for everyone that they would "feel comfortable with Finley" in 2020?
    Feels like everyone is lowering their expectations because it's Finley, a rookie. I'm not going to do that.

Taylor is taking full responsibility for this move. He's betting the rookie can play as well as Dalton.

That needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Then why make the move at all?

Finley needs to play better than Dalton. Period.
    You make the move to see what you have and see if Finley can have a role in this team going forward as a backup or starter.

There’s no way to really know right now if he’ll play better than Andy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    You make the move to see what you have and see if Finley can have a role in this team going forward as a backup or starter.
    Then you have to evaluate the guy....even behind that Oline.

This move has to be about more than satisfying curiosity or attempting to lure fans back.

Then you have to evaluate the guy....even behind that Oline.

This move has to be about more than satisfying curiosity or attempting to lure fans back.
    Oh I definitely think you can still evaluate him.

Not necessarily on stats or wins but more so on decision making, ability to avoid pressure in and out of the pocket, ability to create plays, and maybe most importantly the ability to make the plays that are there and open to him (eg: not throwing the ball OB to a wide open WR).

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    There’s no way to really know right now if he’ll play better than Andy or not.
    Finley was Taylor's hand picked QB and has as much experience in Taylor's scheme as Dalton.

If he doesn't quickly play as well as the most average QB in the NFL then what does that say about Taylor?

8. Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Finley was Taylor's hand picked QB and has as much experience in Taylor's scheme as Dalton.

If he doesn't quickly play as well as the most average QB in the NFL then what does that say about Taylor?
    I don't entirely disagree with you, but this statement implies that Dalton's pre-Taylor NFL experience is irrelevant.

To me it’s not about him playing better than Andy right away. It’s about him showing that he has potential to be better than Andy in the next year or two. If not, then you have further reason to target a franchise either this offseason or next.

Benching dalton doesn’t really change the plan for the next couple offseason unless Finley does come in and give the team a reason to want him to be the guy.

Dalton agent was looking for trades but not enough time. bengals front office messes up everything.