Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 2020 Offseason Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    I think we should get the draft pick, instead of it just disappearing.
    Maybe next time.

Sadly, when you don't properly punish acts of cheating you're only ensuring there will be more in the future.

IMO the Patriots straight up punked the NFL by timing the signing of Cam Newton to coincide with the news of the punishment. The negative backlash in the media never came.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Maybe next time.

Sadly, when you don't properly punish acts of cheating you're only ensuring there will be more in the future.

IMO the Patriots straight up punked the NFL by timing the signing of Cam Newton to coincide with the news of the punishment. The negative backlash in the media never came.
    No doubt. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’d agreed with Cam awhile back and knowing that the punishment was coming soon, they announced both at the same time. It’s a classic PR tactic.

Ben Baby
    @Ben_Baby

Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow to
    @GMA this morning: "I feel great right now. I’m in the best shape of my life. Everybody around the league is preparing like business as usual, like we’re going to be reporting in a couple weeks and getting ready to play."

Found out a friend at work has never heard of the movie Rudy.

I cried a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post

I cried a little.
    Heard he's got a Cameo account so you can pay to have him wish you a Happy Birthday. So inspiring!

I thought the movie was kinda lame, personally.

I cried a little.
    A friend of mine once reacted the same way when I told him I had never seen the movie Fight Club.

A friend of mine once reacted the same way when I told him I had never seen the movie Fight Club.

Never seeing it, sure, but had you at least heard of it?

Never seeing it, sure, but had you at least heard of it?
    Sure, but you're talking about someone that hasn't heard of a nearly 30 year old film about an obscure/unknown athlete.

I'm not that surprised.

Speaking of overrated movies. You gained 2 hours of life back.