Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason Notes

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    If the projected #1 pick plays in the senior bowl, I have to question his intelligence. Nothing to gain.
    I think Carson Palmer did. I get what you're saying, but it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Speaking of, I read an article recently where Palmer (who will be inducted into the Cardinal's Ring of Honor) was cited by Coach Bro (Kliff Kingsbury) as saying that if God created a QB, Carson was the model - size, arm, charisma, etc.

Pretty accurate assessment - he was something. He could really run, too... I think he ran sub 4.7 at the Combine, but the knee injury limited his mobility some after.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    If nothing else, it brings some "back of the roster" depth competition and in the case of Johnson, he may give Hart a run for his money at RT, or even at G somewhere.
    Jonah Williams and Fred Johnson give the Bengals two young OLT prospects on paper. Suddenly impressive starter and depth at hardest position to fill.

Bengals have Isaiah Prince to backup Hart. Another rookie. A 3year starter at ORT at OSU. Classic under achiever but flashes.

Could be Turner's next project.
    Last edited by HOF; 12-31-2019 at 07:40 PM.

I listened to the Hear that Bengals Growlin podcast today and they said one of the Pitt guys said letting Fred go was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Jonah Williams and Fred Johnson give the Bengals two young OLT prospects on paper. Suddenly impressive starter and depth at hardest position to fill.

Bengals have Isaiah Prince to backup Hart. Another rookie. A 3year starter at ORT at OSU. Classic under achiever but flashes.

Could be Turner's next project.

was wondering why I recognized the name Isaiah Prince Sunday.

Prince was VERY up and down. Had games where he was dominant, and others where he was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Prince was VERY up and down. Had games where he was dominant, and others where he was lost.
    Last year Draftscout said he has 2nd round talent...4th round tape.

On paper I think he's got a weak grasp of the backup ORT job. Has the college experience and skill set you look for in a project.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think Carson Palmer did. I get what you're saying, but it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Speaking of, I read an article recently where Palmer (who will be inducted into the Cardinal's Ring of Honor) was cited by Coach Bro (Kliff Kingsbury) as saying that if God created a QB, Carson was the model - size, arm, charisma, etc.

Pretty accurate assessment - he was something. He could really run, too... I think he ran sub 4.7 at the Combine, but the knee injury limited his mobility some after.
    I always thought if you could combine Palmer’s tangibles with Kitna’s intangibles, you’d have a heck of a quarterback.