Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason Notes

2020 Offseason Notes

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yes... he did OK with Denver. I think they gave up on him too soon.
    Churn baby, churn. Bengals just signed Winston Rose, leading the CFL in interceptions. 9 picks. 26 years old. 2 year contract.

Ian rapoport

The #Bengals were awarded former #Packers CB Tony Brown, but he was popular. Source said the #Colts , #Browns , and #Raiders all attempted to claim him.

3. Great early start to the offseason by signing Hopkins. Assuming Jonah is the LT and Hart the RT, I think you need guards both in FA and the draft.

Judging by the activity on CBs already, I'm guessing they let Dennard go and cut Dre if they can't get anything in a trade for him. That's a lot of money freed up from those 2 guys. Mixon is the obvious guy that is getting a payday this offseason, I think he'll hold out if they don't extend him. WJ3 would be going into the last year of his deal too and an extension candidate.

Andy has some trade value. Possibly package him with our second round pick to get back into the later first if someone they really like is there?
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Great early start to the offseason by signing Hopkins. Assuming Jonah is the LT and Hart the RT, I think you need guards both in FA and the draft.

Judging by the activity on CBs already, I'm guessing they let Dennard go and cut Dre if they can't get anything in a trade for him. That's a lot of money freed up from those 2 guys. Mixon is the obvious guy that is getting a payday this offseason, I think he'll hold out if they don't extend him. WJ3 would be going into the last year of his deal too and an extension candidate.

Andy has some trade value. Possibly package him with our second round pick to get back into the later first if someone they really like is there?

Agree on Dre. I think they make a run at Dennard.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Great early start to the offseason by signing Hopkins. Assuming Jonah is the LT and Hart the RT, I think you need guards both in FA and the draft.

That probably means a playoff team. I don't see a playoff team taking on Dalton. I think it's more likely that he gets traded for a mid 3. Plus when you are at 33, there will be someone there with a first round grade.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    That probably means a playoff team. I don't see a playoff team taking on Dalton. I think it's more likely that he gets traded for a mid 3. Plus when you are at 33, there will be someone there with a first round grade.
    I'd love to jump up from 33 into the bottom of the first for the 5th year option. I'd imagine ownership would agree

Quote Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
    I'd love to jump up from 33 into the bottom of the first for the 5th year option. I'd imagine ownership would agree
    If they can, that's the smart move.

I know it's early but they've made some intriguing pick-ups recently - Fred Johnson for sure, and DBs Tony Brown and Winston Rose. If nothing else, it brings some "back of the roster" depth competition and in the case of Johnson, he may give Hart a run for his money at RT, or even at G somewhere. And current roster secondary guys like Maybin and McRae - and Webb - put on notice.

Hoping Joe at least goes to the senior bowl. Could be a good jump on getting him the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Hoping Joe at least goes to the senior bowl. Could be a good jump on getting him the playbook.
    He seems like the type that would. 'Course, I'm sure his agent(s) will advise otherwise.

If the projected #1 pick plays in the senior bowl, I have to question his intelligence. Nothing to gain.