Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Dalton Trade Scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The Bears seemed adamant about Dalton restructuring and the Patriots lack of interest was, at least in part, contract related.

Dalton is probably counting on the Bengals being unwilling to release him outright.
    I know not everyone here agrees, but I think if dalton is still on the roster with his 17.7M cap hit in 2020 it would say so much about what is wrong with our ownership, even with the solid offseason they have had so far.

Granted I don’t think it’s going to happen. I don’t think they even have enough cap space for their rookies let alone extensions or carry over with daltons 17.7 on the books.

My guess is they are prob going to cut him but going to wait until the draft. They prob don’t see a rush and this at least gives them some sort of backup option in case burrow comes out a day before the draft and says he refuses to play here and they don’t like any of the other QBs. I give that a less than 1 percent chance or happening though.

Dalton will prob be either cut or traded within a week following the draft I’d think if not before then.

If Kyle Allen is worth a 5th, surely they can get something for Dalton.

3. Now is when Dalton's contract works against him/us. For a good starter, 1 year $17m is pretty nice. For a backup, that's ugly. Pushes his trade value way down. He would be better off as a FA.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Now is when Dalton's contract works against him/us. For a good starter, 1 year $17m is pretty nice. For a backup, that's ugly. Pushes his trade value way down. He would be better off as a FA.

I still think Jacksonville would be stupid not to bring a vet in.

The Boston Herald suggests that the pandemic is why the Patriots aren’t bringing in a QB unfamiliar with their system. That it would be silly to trade for Dalton or Newton just to have them sit at home while everything is shut down.

Can Newton being released.

I imagine that now puts him ahead of Dalton for teams.

Sounds like part of why the Patriots aren’t interest in a trade for Dalton is simply that they have no cap space.

Supposedly the Patriots have less than $1M in cap space right now, and only 67 of 90 roster spots filled.

Their cap is filled with dead money, but they’ll have $100M in cap space next year.

Seems like the Jags would make the most sense. Not sure they have the cap space either.

Dalton talking about a pathway back to the Bengals. Says he would be okay if asked to be a backup. Realizes it's a business and a crazy year. Article mentions restructuring but Dalton doesn't address it directly.

Restructuring is only way it can happen. They can’t afford him at $17 million otherwise.