Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dalton Trade Scenarios

Blog Entries
    Tannahill is now a playoff caliber QB. In my view, this improves Andy’s value.

Blog Entries
    Cousins is another guy that should remind Bengaland that Dalton should have value in the market.

How about if Brady ends up going to another team, would Belichick want Dalton?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    How about if Brady ends up going to another team, would Belichick want Dalton?

I wouldn’t rule it out but I think Rivers would be more likely.

Was thinking and Dalton's biggest trade value might come in training camp or midseason when someone goes down to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Was thinking and Dalton's biggest trade value might come in training camp or midseason when someone goes down to injury.
    That might be the best option. Could be the only option. Consider this, if free agency started today, all of these QB’s would be free agents:

Tom Brady
    Eli Manning
    Drew Brees
    Phillip Rivers
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Dak Prescott
    Ryan Tannahill
    Marcus Mariota

Thwre might be as big of a market for Dalton as we think.

I mean, sure, but technically if Brady, Brees, Rivers, Bridgewater, and Tannehill/Mariota don't return to their teams, that opens up New England, New Orleans, Chargers and Tennessee as needing QBs and a potential landing spot for Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I mean, sure, but technically if Brady, Brees, Rivers, Bridgewater, and Tannehill/Mariota don't return to their teams, that opens up New England, New Orleans, Chargers and Tennessee as needing QBs and a potential landing spot for Dalton.
    I think Mariota and Bridgewater are likely guys that don't re-sign, unless Teddy wants to hang on until Brees retires. Andy's better than Bridgewater and Mariota IMO. I think Tannehill stays in Tennessee, and I don't think Brady or Brees goes anywhere. I could see Rivers retiring. A few other potential spots for Andy are TB (if Jameis isn't kept) and Jax, where I don't think either Foles or Minshew are the answer.

Part of it is injuries, too. They might hold onto Andy for longer in hopes that a guy gets hurt and a team has to make a move.

Chris Mortensen and Tim Hasselbeck suggest Dalton to the Colts.

http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28435810

Peter King suggests Andy Dalton to the Patriots.

https://nesn.com/2020/01/peter-king-...is-veteran-qb/