Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dalton Trade Scenarios

Could definitely see that, but I wonder if the relationship with the Pats has soured a bit due to the taping scandal.

Eli Manning retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Eli Manning retires.
    Funny... thought that was last year.

Winning 2 SBs and being MVP in both puts him in a yellow jacket for sure.

Bengals: No decision yet on Andy Dalton's future

Duke Tobin says the Bengals won't "act with haste" in making a decision on Dalton, who wants to be a starter for someone in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Bengals: No decision yet on Andy Dalton's future

Duke Tobin says the Bengals won't "act with haste" in making a decision on Dalton, who wants to be a starter for someone in 2020.
    If you’re Andy, I’d assume you wouldn’t want to be traded until after the draft. Every year, there seems to be a QB who gets traded to what looks like a good situation, only to have that team muddy the waters with a 1st round QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    If you’re Andy, I’d assume you wouldn’t want to be traded until after the draft. Every year, there seems to be a QB who gets traded to what looks like a good situation, only to have that team muddy the waters with a 1st round QB in the draft.
    I'm thinking the best situation for all parties involved would be an in draft scenario where a team misses out on a QB, or takes a developmental guy in 2 and is willing to give us a 3 for Andy.

Just read a Patriot beat writer's speculation about what an Andy Dalton trade might look like. Three scenarios.

1- Bengals package Dalton, 2nd and 6th round picks to trade back into the 1st round.

2 - A straight swap. Patriots trade 3rd rounder, projected #83.

3 - A straight swap...Dalton for DE John Simon.
    Last edited by HOF; 01-27-2020 at 09:35 AM.

I would take door #2 or door #1.

Dalton straight-up for John Simon? C'mon. We're talking about a starting-level QB here - and while I'm happy that John Simon has resurrected his career, that's a silly trade.

Could see them holding out for a 2nd round pick but I'd consider a 3rd if that's the best they could get (remember, they almost had a 2nd for AJ McCarron). That said, I think someone would come with more value to the table than a 3rd rounder.

I'd consider something like scenario 1 but I wouldn't give up my 2nd rounder. I'd consider something like a 3rd and Dalton... no more than that. We're talking moving up from #33 to #23 - that's 10 spots... and they are getting a starting-level QB and a 2nd-day 3rd round pick... at the top of the 3rd round, so in effect, it's a late second.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I'd consider something like scenario 1 but I wouldn't give up my 2nd rounder. I'd consider something like a 3rd and Dalton... no more than that. We're talking moving up from #33 to #23 - that's 10 spots... and they are getting a starting-level QB and a 2nd-day 3rd round pick... at the top of the 3rd round, so in effect, it's a late second.
    To flesh things out a little....the writer gave a scenario where a Top 10-15 prospect slips to the Chargers spot at #23, enticing the Bengals to move up. No speculation about which prospect might slip but I agree they would have to have a unique skill set. (Epenesa or Lewis maybe.)