Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft: Who Are You Watching?

So this video auto played after another I was watching. Consider me me intrigued. DE Curtis Weaver. Broke the Mountain West sack record during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Zach Braun, LB/DE Wisconsin

- I think he'd be a very good fit for what Anarumo seems to be trying to with the defense. Braun is a guy who was a bit of a hybrid at Wisconsin. Sometimes he was a 4-3 DE, sometimes he was a 3-4 backer. He won't be a full time DE at his size in the NFL (I believe 6'3, 235). I think you can use him like Lawson though, except Bruan is more of a LB than Lawson is.

Very comfortable in zone coverage. I'd like to see more of him in man coverage, but he did well with it in the snaps I saw him do it. High motor guy, sure tackler, physical and willing to take on blockers.

He's being considered a late first guy, but he could slip to 33.
    Baun is a really good player but when I saw Wisconsin games, he played a lot of upfield snaps. Very effective rusher and smart, who comes across as a humble, team guy. Challenge for him will be how effective he is as an off-ball LB. He has a lot of ability but might fit best as a 3-4 OLB. As you say, he's not going to be a full-time DE but because of his ability as a pass rusher, teams can use him there. There are a few others like that at the Sr. Bowl - Josh Uche is on the smaller DE side at 6-2 and 240-ish, and so is Terrell Lewis - although he's on the larger side at 6-5 and around 250. Unfortunately, he's got an injury history but he's really talented. Uche is a bit of a one-trick pony but he's a very good pass rusher.

Another guy I'd like to watch at LB is the one from Wyoming - Logan Wilson. He's a 3-year captain, 6-2, 250. Supposedly a high character, high-effort guy. Came to Wyoming as a DB, so he's got those skills. Has 10 career INTs and 4 TDs at Wyoming. The trend at LB continues to be smaller, faster guys but if Wilson can run well and show that he can play with the others at the SB, that'd be a great start for him.

Unfortunately, they aren't showing the practices on TV from what I've seen... other than the recap on NFLN, so I'll have to wait for the game on Saturday to see how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Baun is a really good player but when I saw Wisconsin games, he played a lot of upfield snaps. Very effective rusher and smart, who comes across as a humble, team guy. Challenge for him will be how effective he is as an off-ball LB. He has a lot of ability but might fit best as a 3-4 OLB. As you say, he's not going to be a full-time DE but because of his ability as a pass rusher, teams can use him there. There are a few others like that at the Sr. Bowl - Josh Uche is on the smaller DE side at 6-2 and 240-ish, and so is Terrell Lewis - although he's on the larger side at 6-5 and around 250. Unfortunately, he's got an injury history but he's really talented. Uche is a bit of a one-trick pony but he's a very good pass rusher.

Another guy I'd like to watch at LB is the one from Wyoming - Logan Wilson. He's a 3-year captain, 6-2, 250. Supposedly a high character, high-effort guy. Came to Wyoming as a DB, so he's got those skills. Has 10 career INTs and 4 TDs at Wyoming. The trend at LB continues to be smaller, faster guys but if Wilson can run well and show that he can play with the others at the SB, that'd be a great start for him.

Unfortunately, they aren't showing the practices on TV from what I've seen... other than the recap on NFLN, so I'll have to wait for the game on Saturday to see how he does.

anyone who has ESPN+, they will be streaming practice at 1:30 and 4 today. You can watch on your phone on the ESPN app

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    anyone who has ESPN+, they will be streaming practice at 1:30 and 4 today. You can watch on your phone on the ESPN app
    Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

I signed up for ESPN+ $4.99 per month last week so I could watch some NHL hockey games on-demand. It was a lot cheaper than the NHL package on DirecTV - not as all-encompassing coverage, but a heckuva lot cheaper.

I caught a bunch of yesterday's practice on ESPN-U...not sure if thats the case today also

Saw some of the practices today on ESPN.

Several guys who caught my eye:

Malik Harrison, Logan Wilson (LBs) - both had INTs vs. Jordan Love in team period
    Terrell Lewis (DE) - showed up in the pass rush again
    Adam Trautman TE - big kid, can get separation and has good hands
    Van Jefferson (John Jefferson's son) - WR - great hands, looked like a very good route runner
    Justin Herbert - as advertised... has a cannon for an arm
    Darnay Holmes - CB - really competes. Feisty.

Cannon for an arm - but man I’ve heard a lot of talking heads and draft experts raise flags about what is between his ears in terms of processing quickly and decision making. Might explain the gap between his stats and his measurables.

Josh Uche has apparently been impressing in coverage at the Senior Bowl. That’s good because from what I’ve seen he’s awful as a DE.

I doubt Tee Higgins drops to 33, but he’d be hard to pass up if he’s there. Does have a small hands issue I think. Drops quite a few passes.

Cameron Brown is interesting based on these reports.