Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 173

Thread: 2020 Draft: Who Are You Watching?

  1. #21
    I’ve liked what I’ve watched of Brown.

  2. #22
    LB Akeem-Davis Gaither, App State


    wow. He’s been impressive at the Senior Bowl and his game tape backs it up. Not sure if he’s a second round pick or third round pick, but get him on the team. One if those guys you can tell how smart he is just by watching how he plays. Relentless motor.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 01-25-2020 at 08:29 AM.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    LB Akeem-Davis Gaither, App State


    wow. He’s been impressive at the Senior Bowl and his game tape backs it up. Not sure if he’s a second round pick or third round pick, but get him on the team. One if those guys you can tell how smart he is just by watching how he plays. Relentless motor.
    For the last couple of drafts I've argued for this type of S/LB hybrid. For their part the Bengals have shown zero interest. So for that reason alone I was very happy when ADG was added to their squad. Figured he'd be hard to miss.

  5. #25
    Kenny Willekes, DE Michigan State


    He had 2 sacks in the Senior Bowl so I decided to check him out. After watching some tape, his Senior Bowl success was likely due to poor competition. Everyone was abusing the South tackles.

    I"m watching the Wisconsin game from this year, and while Wisconsin always has a solid Oline, I don't believe they have any highly rated tackles this year. I've only seen Willekes pressure the QB once, and even then he wasn't the first one to the QB. He's a sound tackler with a consistent motor, but he's not a speed guy. Decent spin move but not super effective since he doesn't have great speed.

    He strikes me as someone who is better off dropping 10-15 lbs in the NFL and trying to be a 3-4 OLB. He could fit in Anarumo's scheme, but honestly he doesn't impress me all that much which is weird because it looks like he was a 2018 All American.

    Maybe he was injured vs Wisconsin. he's looking much quicker vs Arizona State, which was earlier in the season. He's still not getting home a lot. Probably a 4th round guy?
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 01-28-2020 at 07:59 AM.

  6. #26
    Jonathan Greenard, DE Florida


    Man he's the kind of prospect where you wish you had another 2nd round pick. 33 is probably too high, and 65 too low. He reminds me a bit of a bigger Carl Lawson who can hold up better in the run game. Very strong, consistently collapsing the pocket. He's also got the build to give you some nickel DT snaps in obvious passing situations.

    He's a guy I'd love to come out of the draft with.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 01-28-2020 at 08:22 AM.

  7. #27
    Right now, I have 3 must haves:


    Joe Burrow, QB

    Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB

    Jonathan Greenard, DE



    The tough part is that the latter two are both probably in that pick 65 range. I don't know that either drop to 103.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Right now, I have 3 must haves:


    Joe Burrow, QB

    Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB

    Jonathan Greenard, DE



    The tough part is that the latter two are both probably in that pick 65 range. I don't know that either drop to 103.
    First pick of the 2nd round is one where we will prob get a ton of trade offers to drop down. There will be someone that falls out of day 1 that teams will have 24 hours to try and trade up with us to get.

    Could still end up with two second rounders if we trade down to the 40s or something. If there are teams that have two 2nd rounders.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    First pick of the 2nd round is one where we will prob get a ton of trade offers to drop down. There will be someone that falls out of day 1 that teams will have 24 hours to try and trade up with us to get.

    Could still end up with two second rounders if we trade down to the 40s or something. If there are teams that have two 2nd rounders.

    sure bit someone we like is probably going to be sitting there at 33 too.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Kenny Willekes, DE Michigan State


    He had 2 sacks in the Senior Bowl so I decided to check him out. After watching some tape, his Senior Bowl success was likely due to poor competition. Everyone was abusing the South tackles.

    I"m watching the Wisconsin game from this year, and while Wisconsin always has a solid Oline, I don't believe they have any highly rated tackles this year. I've only seen Willekes pressure the QB once, and even then he wasn't the first one to the QB. He's a sound tackler with a consistent motor, but he's not a speed guy. Decent spin move but not super effective since he doesn't have great speed.

    He strikes me as someone who is better off dropping 10-15 lbs in the NFL and trying to be a 3-4 OLB. He could fit in Anarumo's scheme, but honestly he doesn't impress me all that much which is weird because it looks like he was a 2018 All American.

    Maybe he was injured vs Wisconsin. he's looking much quicker vs Arizona State, which was earlier in the season. He's still not getting home a lot. Probably a 4th round guy?
    Not really an impressive athlete but he gets isht done. Really productive. Kinda reminds me of Ryan Glasgow in that way... won't wow you with flashy plays but is around the ball a lot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •