Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2020 Draft: Who Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I've been seeing him get lots of top 10 talk.

Yea he must be rising. I heard someone float his name to the Giants at 4 yesterday. Crazy.

Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

Decided to check out Chase Claypool after he ran a nice 40 yesterday. It's kind of tough to evaluate him. His QB wasn't that good, and I'm not even sure Notre Dame treated him as their #1 WR. At least not as a star #1 WR. Two other things of note: 1) he doesn't play nearly as fast as he ran and 2) they also never really made him a focal point of the offense. Why? They run him on a lot of short crossers. I'd certainly consider him maybe as early as the 3rd because of his size and potential, but 33 is way too rich. Also, given his height, he seems to not win enough YOLO balls. Almost like he's not good at timing his jump. What was his vertical?

Another big thing that stuck out to me, Claypool isn't Notre Dame's best prospect.

Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

I can't imagine we take a TE in the top three rounds, but man this kid can play. He might not be quite as athletic as Eifert, but may be a better blocker. For some reason Kmet gives me Jason Witten vibes. I also like his moxy at the combine saying he's the best TE in the class. I can't see the Bengals taking him given Sample and Uzomah, but I certainly wouldn't complain about the pick as long as they use him.

Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

An excellent slot WR. Despite his 40 time, I'm not convinced he is an outside guy just yet. he's never really been used that way, so there's no tape to back it up. Boyd has the slot position locked down for the forseeable future, with Ross, AJ and Erickson being able to slide inside too.

That said, if the Bengals are going to be running more 4 and 5 wide sets, there's room for both Boyd and Jefferson. The bigger question may be would you rather have Jefferson or Tate on the field?

Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

An excellent slot WR. Despite his 40 time, I'm not convinced he is an outside guy just yet. he's never really been used that way, so there's no tape to back it up. Boyd has the slot position locked down for the forseeable future, with Ross, AJ and Erickson being able to slide inside too.

That said, if the Bengals are going to be running more 4 and 5 wide sets, there's room for both Boyd and Jefferson. The bigger question may be would you rather have Jefferson or Tate on the field?
    For me, it depends on what part of the field. In the red zone, I think I'd prefer Tate. But outside or in the slot otherwise, I'd take Jefferson.

Love Kmet. Won’t hear any issue from me if he’s #33. I imagine Sample may prevent that.

The TE from Cincinnati is a little short but he had a great workout.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Love Kmet. Won’t hear any issue from me if he’s #33. I imagine Sample may prevent that.
    I’m sure he’s awesome, but I will lose my mind if they take a TE in the second round.

I can understand that. They do need to get a guy who can move a little bit at tight end though if Tyler moves on. It would be ideal if he could double as a red zone target.