Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft: Who Are You Watching?

Anyone watch OG Jonah Jackson yet?

All f*ckin year long. I think he'll carve out a future as a solid backup in the league, but I wouldn't consider him before the 5th round or thereabouts. The Bucks returning Wyatt Davis however is a whole nuther discussion. That's the type of guard I'd love to darft!

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    That ship sailed, and a few others followed. You don't here much talk anymore about 7 WR's being drafted in the 1st round anymore, even after Denzel Mims emerged. Higgins, Shenault, and Aiyuk have all slipped.
    Mims tested great and had a nice Sr Bowl, and I liked him when I saw Baylor games... but some other draft weenies are less high on him, saying his overall tape isn't that great. Will be interesting to see when he gets taken. Shenault's underwhelming timed speed and his injury history count against him and I'll be anxious to see where Higgins and Aiyuk end up. All it takes is one guy to love you.

Agree that 7 in round one is too much, but 5 wouldn't shock me.

Finally found some good impressive tape on Willie Gay Jr.

i still think he is more athlete than football player, but I’ll say this...dude is tenacious as hell.

He goes all out every play, 100 miles an hour. For better or worse. And if he makes a play, you’ll be damn sure he’s flexing and trash talking afterward. Even if he’s on the opposing team’s sideline.

Watch #6 in this game: https://youtu.be/qbiNcKczQas

He’s an all pro if he ever gets disciplined. He’s basically a faster Burfict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Finally found some good impressive tape on Willie Gay Jr.

i still think he is more athlete than football player, but I’ll say this...dude is tenacious as hell.

He goes all out every play, 100 miles an hour. For better or worse. And if he makes a play, you’ll be damn sure he’s flexing and trash talking afterward. Even if he’s on the opposing team’s sideline.

Watch #6 in this game: https://youtu.be/qbiNcKczQas

He’s an all pro if he ever gets disciplined. He’s basically a faster Burfict.
    Odell Thurman.

He’s had off-field issues but he’s on my list at OT if he’s there in the fourth and they have not taken a lineman yet:

https://twitter.com/priscocbs/status...746779136?s=21

At LB I feel like I’d be okay if we got at least 1 of the following guys:

Queen
    Murray
    ADG
    Harrison
    Brooks
    Gay
    Wilson

At least a couple of those guys will be there in the third and prob 1 or 2 in the fourth. Assuming Murray and Queen are gone by 33 I’m not even thinking LB at 33 unless they trade down a lot.

(Not considering baun a Lb, more of an edge guy). But he would be the only one id consider at 33.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    At LB I feel like I’d be okay if we got at least 1 of the following guys:

Queen
    Murray
    ADG
    Harrison
    Brooks
    Gay
    Wilson

At least a couple of those guys will be there in the third and prob 1 or 2 in the fourth. Assuming Murray and Queen are gone by 33 I’m not even thinking LB at 33 unless they trade down a lot.

(Not considering baun a Lb, more of an edge guy). But he would be the only one id consider at 33.
    Feel similarly - partial to guys with speed, and all of these guys have it to varying degrees. I like Baun a lot, too - I think he can play LB but also be a chess piece and play some edge, too.

Willie Gay is growing on me... sounds like the character issues aren't a major concern (although he did punch a teammate), and he's kinda raw as far as experience goes... but he's hella fast, and he covers well. I guess PFF had him rated as the best cover LB out there. You always have to consider the division, and especially with LJ, having speed makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't be shocked at all of he went on day 2 - even in round 2. You look at his athleticism and coaches say, I can coach him up.

I think he's different from Malik Jefferson because he seems more instinctive. Jefferson just never got it.

I think we see one hybrid guy like Baun/Lewis/Jennings/Kamara and then one more traditional LB.

One guy who beforehand I hadn't paid much attention to, but have of late is Laviska Shenault. If you haven't watched many/any videos of him until now, I suggest you do, if for no other reason than the entertainment value of doing so. I'm not sure I want to go WR that early (might be there at 33), but if we did he'd be a helluva selection and one I could see fitting in near perfectly to what we already have. The guy gives me chill bumps just watching him and imagining JB throwing him the ball. He makes a very average QB look pretty good and I can only imagine what he'd be like teamed up with JB.