Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get out the Pitchforks - - McDaniels should be fired after the season

Get out the Pitchforks - - McDaniels should be fired after the season

59 points????? at Home?????? and worst of all, by the Raiders?????????

I, along with thousands in the Denver area, am still in shock. I don't know what to make of yesterday's absolute beatdown - at Home - at the hands of the Oakland Raiders.

I've always tried to be supportive of the McDaniels regime, even with all of his rookie coach quirks and desire for absolute power. McDaniels has completely lost the Broncos faithful. After yesterday, owner Pat Bowlen needs to get on the phone and start looking for replacements for 2011. Call Cowler, Gruden, Parcells, anyone that has ACTUAL NFL head coaching experience. This time, I would prefer a Defensive-minded head coach. If the team has to overpay, so be it. The Broncos just learned what happens when you go cheap on head coaches.

Yesterday was the last straw for McDaniels. I supported him after he traded Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, and Brandon Marshall. I even thought the trades to get Tebow wasn't a bad move. After the 6-0 start, followed by 2-8 in 2009, all the bust draft picks (after only 1 year!) along with the joke this 2010 team has become, it's time for a change. The roster he has assembled is a complete mess. He and his coaching staff have no idea how to evaluate or coach defensive players. After firing Mike Nolan, McDaniels hired a "Yes Man" to run the defense by promoting Wink Martindale. Martindale's defense has been (and continues to be) a joke and an an utter failure (Can't pressure the QB, Can't stop the run, and can't stop opposing TE's).

Lil Hoodie has proved that he isn't ready to be a head coach, much less have absolute power (the Broncos have a puppet GM that does whatever McD tells him). Bowlen does deserve some of the blame because he essentially handed full control over to a person that had NO previous head coaching experience. McDaniels has a lot to learn before becoming a successful head coach. The 59 point beatdown at home by the Raiders should be enough to get him fired at the end of the season.

What do you think about McDaniels?

I am by no stretch of the imagination a Broncos fan, but I can emphasize with what happened to you guys yesterday. At the moment, I put McDaniels in the same category as Singletary - rookie coaches who will probably never get another shot at a head coaching position.

But to give him a bit of credit, he did get rid of Cutler.

Blog Entries
    For a HC, he's a heck of an OC. He's turned Orton into a yardage earning machine. Imagine how things would have worked if you'd had Cutler buy into McDaniels system, and McDaniels hadn't burned his bridges with Cutler.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

McDaniels has been dealt a pretty tough hand this year - hasn't the team been decimated by injury?

This Raider game was an embarrassment, but remember they were also a questionable PI call away from beating the Jets last week and went on the road and won in Tennessee...

The pass interference wasn't questionable. He grabbed the guy's facemask and pulled it.

Blog Entries
    He touched his face mask. He didn't pull it. But it is a correct call. The questionable part is that it counts for 46 yards... getting that yardage basically because Sanchez underthrew seems lame.

There should be incidental PI and intentional PI.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

McDaniels is only a Head Coach because of Randy Moss. They say McDaniels was a genius becuase of the success of Matt Cassel. Well, it's easy to tell a QB to throw it to the open man when Randy of 2 years ago drew constant double teams + a safety over the top every play. Why do you think Cassel hasn't come close to the accuracy he had in NE?

Brian Billick was an "offensive genius" as the O-coor in Minnesota. Why? Randy Moss. Billick's offense sure were juggernauts in Baltimore weren't they.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripperlicious View Post
    McDaniels is only a Head Coach because of Randy Moss. They say McDaniels was a genius becuase of the success of Matt Cassel. Well, it's easy to tell a QB to throw it to the open man when Randy of 2 years ago drew constant double teams + a safety over the top every play. Why do you think Cassel hasn't come close to the accuracy he had in NE?

Brian Billick was an "offensive genius" as the O-coor in Minnesota. Why? Randy Moss. Billick's offense sure were juggernauts in Baltimore weren't they.
    He's made an awesome volume QB out of Kyle Orton. I don't like volume QBs, I like effective QBs.

Brady's offense scores 1 point for every 11.5 yards, while Orton needs 18.31 yards. Orton has 2031 yds of passing yards, Brady has 1283.

Volume means nothing, effectiveness is everything.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

There should not be incidental and non incidental pass interference. Have you seen how terrible the NBA is?

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    He touched his face mask. He didn't pull it. But it is a correct call. The questionable part is that it counts for 46 yards... getting that yardage basically because Sanchez underthrew seems lame.

There should be incidental PI and intentional PI.
    It's either pass interference or its not. The notion that PI should be anything less than a spot foul is way off. In the college game, PI is a 15-yard penalty. What happens when a college DB is getting beat deep and the ball is coming? The smart college DB tackles, trips, or otherwise mugs the receiver. The NFL makes PI more punitive to eliminate that exact scenario.

And 'incidental contact' draws no penalty. 'Incidental contact' is a football euphemism for 'two great athletes making a play on the ball'. I don't really see any value in putting in a 15-yard penalty for it.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.