Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus impact; draft changed

Maybe bengals and lions coaches end up with a slight leg up because they got all that senior bowl time face to face.

Bengals asking staff to work from home through the end of next week, when they’ll reassess.

Speculation that the draft will be delayed until May, and they just haven’t announced it yet.

The Los Angeles Times reports the NFL Draft will no longer be held in Las Vegas due to concerns over the COVID-19 outbreak.

The draft will still take place next month, but the league is expected to move forward in a studio setting that "will cut to teams’ headquarters as they make their picks." This is consistent with how the NFL has handled business to this point, with free agency starting on time and teams operating remotely. It's the latest draft change after the league already cancelled Pro Days and Top-30 visits. The draft remains scheduled for April 23-25

rotoworld

If this turns out where we see more "war room" type footage that'd be great

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    If this turns out where we see more "war room" type footage that'd be great

that sounds like the plan. I’m more curious if teams will be able to get war rooms together still at that point.

As long as the date doesn't change. I've already scheduled my vacation for that week.

Goodell sent out a memo saying draft is still in for April 24.

Do we have any concerns that the Bengals never got a chance to work out joe burrow, attend his pro day, see him throw in person, or anything? Sure they got a 15 min combine interview and maybe they’ll be allowed to do video interviews in the coming weeks but that’s it. They won’t get nearly as much time with him in person as they normally would have.

On the flip side they got to spend a whole week coaching Herbert.

I doubt it changes anything, but it just makes me a little nervous that we’ll do something stupid and take Herbert at 1. The only thing worse than passing on burrow for Herbert would be taking Herbert 1 and not even getting the trade benefits of trading down.

Still think it’s 90 percent that they take burrow I just don’t know if this virus messes things up at all.

Goodell sent out a memo saying draft is still in for April 24.

Do we have any concerns that the Bengals never got a chance to work out joe burrow, attend his pro day, see him throw in person, or anything? Sure they got a 15 min combine interview and maybe they’ll be allowed to do video interviews in the coming weeks but that’s it. They won’t get nearly as much time with him in person as they normally would have.

On the flip side they got to spend a whole week coaching Herbert.

I doubt it changes anything, but it just makes me a little nervous that we’ll do something stupid and take Herbert at 1. The only thing worse than passing on burrow for Herbert would be taking Herbert 1 and not even getting the trade benefits of trading down.

Still think it’s 90 percent that they take burrow I just don’t know if this virus messes things up at all.

Just watch the Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and Clemson games.