Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Board

Big Board

Let's see your big board for pick 33.

Easy for me because of that long post I did in the other thread:

1. IF , somehow, any of the top 4 tackles (Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton) or top 3 receivers (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) falls against all odds to 33 - I am taking that one

Assuming that doesn't happen, my personal big board of potential players at 33 is:

---Josh Jones
    ---Patrick Queen
    ---Denzel Mims
    ---Jalen Reagor
    ---Cesar Ruiz
    ---Kenneth Murray
    ---Tee Higgins
    ---Zack Baun
    ---Ezra Cleveland

That breaks down to 3 OL, 3 LB (sorta if you count Baun) and 3 WR - some combo of those nine should be available at pick 33...

I really don't want to see a CB, S or DT here. It would make me kinda grumpy give the depth and the investment at those positions in FA (feels really weird to type that).

I do NOT want Austin Jackson or Shenault here - I think Jackson has a high bust factor and Shenault has a weird skill set (almost kinda RB-esque) and an injury history - I don't like the fit. I guess I don't want Hamler or Aiyuk there either - not sure I could put my finger on why - just feels over-drafted given the other players likely on the board - but I could be talked into being okay with it - but Jackson and Shenault would be a harder conversation to make me chill.

The above is subject to editing/refinement.
    Last edited by membengal; 04-06-2020 at 11:09 AM.

My "top 10" list would be (in no particular order, by player - grouped by position):

WR - Pittman, Higgins, Reagor
    DL - Epenesa, Blacklock
    LB - Queen, Murray, Baum
    OL - Jackson, Jones

1. Murray
    2. Queen
    3. Mims
    4. Jones
    5. Ruiz
    6. Higgins
    7. Baun

Considering only guys I think have a decent chance to be there:

Josh Jones
    Cesar Ruiz
    Patrick Queen
    Denzel Mims
    Kenneth Murray
    Jalen Reagor
    Ezra Cleveland
    Zach Baun
    Michael Pittman

Anyone not a QB rated higher that unexpectedly falls, I would also be ok with.

I still think trade down and taking Terrell Lewis might be an option. Not one of my favorite options though.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Easy for me because of that long post I did in the other thread:

1. IF , somehow, any of the top 4 tackles (Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton) or top 3 receivers (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) falls against all odds to 33 - I am taking that one

Assuming that doesn't happen, my personal big board of potential players at 33 is:

---Josh Jones
    ---Patrick Queen
    ---Denzel Mims
    ---Jalen Reagor
    ---Cesar Ruiz
    ---Kenneth Murray
    ---Tee Higgins
    ---Zack Baun
    ---Ezra Cleveland

That breaks down to 3 OL, 3 LB (sorta if you count Baun) and 3 WR - some combo of those nine should be available at pick 33...

I really don't want to see a CB, S or DT here. It would make me kinda grumpy give the depth and the investment at those positions in FA (feels really weird to type that).

I do NOT want Austin Jackson or Shenault here - I think Jackson has a high bust factor and Shenault has a weird skill set (almost kinda RB-esque) and an injury history - I don't like the fit. I guess I don't want Hamler or Aiyuk there either - not sure I could put my finger on why - just feels over-drafted given the other players likely on the board - but I could be talked into being okay with it - but Jackson and Shenault would be a harder conversation to make me chill.

The above is subject to editing/refinement.
    You didn't mention Justin Jefferson. Are you assuming he's definitely gone?

He's the #4 WR for me and the one somewhat realistic option I would be extremely excited about.

I’m assuming he’s definitely gone - I’ve done - no joke - over 100 mocks on TDN and fan speak and he’s never there at 33.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I’m assuming he’s definitely gone - I’ve done - no joke - over 100 mocks on TDN and fan speak and he’s never there at 33.
    Same.

I’m feeling confident at this point that pick 33 is either Denzel Mims or an OL.

History has shown that when the Bengals have a rash of injuries at a position, they tend to prioritize that position in the draft the next year.

The Bengals played five different left tackles last season, and while they are getting Jonah back, I could see them taking a tackle at 33 to shore up the position. Maybe with a guy who can also play guard.

As for Mims, he was coached by Bicknell in college so I think that gives him a huge leg up on every other WR.