Thread: Is this season over yet?

Is this season over yet?

I wonder who will be the new head coach. It better not be Garrett. I don't think I can take 2 more years of a predictable offense before he gets fired. I guess it is time to root on the hometown Colts the rest of the way.

Yes the season is done. You can now sleep easy knowing there's nothing more to be worried about. We're done-zo.

Blog Entries
    Coach Cowher?

Bring back Jimmy?
    Perry Fewel?
    Draft a stud OG & CB in the draft.

The Romo injury was too much. Jerry and the pundits angered the football gods when they talked about playing a home superbowl.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Not Perry Fewell. He's a defensive coordinator and that is all. We don't need any more coordinators promoted to head coach. We need a head coach.

John Fox might have the right personality to mesh with Jerry without being totally overwhelmed by Jerry's decisions. Fox has hit a rough patch in Carolina but it seems to be more personnel related than coaching. The team seems to have good discipline.

With the Cowboy's talent just a small increase in discipline would get them over the top.

Blog Entries
    Ooh....nice call on Fox. He has that defense overperforming in Carolina.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    John Fox might have the right personality to mesh with Jerry without being totally overwhelmed by Jerry's decisions. Fox has hit a rough patch in Carolina but it seems to be more personnel related than coaching. The team seems to have good discipline.

With the Cowboy's talent just a small increase in discipline would get them over the top.
    I would be very happy if Fox were the coach.

Blog Entries
    The Bears will also be looking for a Coach.

Possible candidates out there:

- Gruden
    - Cowher
    - Fox

More than money, I think those coaches will want front office guarantees or General Manager changes. Both Gruden and Cowher are Superbowl Winners, so they just might have the clout to get things done. I think Gruden would be a good fit for Dallas, but only if he's handed the keys completely by JJ. I think Cowher would be great for the Bears, but he would only agree if Jerry Angelo no longer is the GM.

I think the biggest winner would be Fox, since he wouldn't have the clout to demand those things. Which would basically handcuff him.

- JJ has demonstrated he can gather talent and money and hype. Leave the coaching and staff decisions to an elite HC, and Dallas would be scary good.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    I think Cowher would be great for the Bears, but he would only agree if Jerry Angelo no longer is the GM.
    Chicago does seem like a Cowher type of town. I think the people in Chicago would be estatic if he became coach. Another Ditka like coach.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he would be a wet dream for us fans. But it won't happen. That would mean a functioning brain in the Front Office, something sadly lacking in these years.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte