Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Forum - Other Leagues

Repeat!
    Parma Panthers, who entered the match as the underdogs, defeated the Bologna Warriors in the 2011 Italian Superbowl, winning their second consecutive title.
    It will be remembered as the Italian BASKETBOWL, as the final result was a whopping 76-62....
    MVP of the match was named Parma's WR Tanyon Bissell (Boise State UNiversity), who scored twice on reception, twice passing and once on a kick off return.
    Tommaso Monardi, QB for Parma, was named the best italian player.
    Here are some highlights of the game:
    http://www.panthers.it/index.php?opt...task=showVideo

considering that score, I'm a little surprised they showed any tackles in the highlights. Actually I'm surprised there even were any tackles. Are Italian games generally that high scoring?

I recommend the highlight reel - Parma ran a double revers that became a long pass for a TD.

Classic.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    considering that score, I'm a little surprised they showed any tackles in the highlights. Actually I'm surprised there even were any tackles. Are Italian games generally that high scoring?
    Unfortunately yes. Almost all teams choose to select americans on the offensive side of the ball, so the mismatch with the defenses full of italians is huge. The biggest issue is the italian DB/american WR...
    However the score saturday was a record... It's usual to see a 45-40, but 76-62 was really abnormal....