Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 126

Thread: Senior Member

  1. #11
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    17
    How about levels such as player levels?
    Rookie
    Breakout
    Veteran
    Superstar
    HOFer

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakalackie View Post
    How about levels such as player levels?
    Rookie
    Breakout
    Veteran
    Superstar
    HOFer
    Andy feels that would be too 'Punny'...I, for one agree, tempting as it may be. But I'm the guy who likes ninjas......
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    ...but at some point can't we become "Ninjas?"
    I love this idea. So what's the # of posts to reach FPL Ninja? 1000? 10,000?

    How's this:
    Probationary Member (or something better): 0-29 posts
    Junior Member: 30-99
    Member: 100-499
    Senior Member: 500-999
    Forum Ninja: 1000-9999
    Super Ninja: 10,000

    Not sure I can slip this past management (Cris), but I like it. We can have FPL Ninja t-shirts made.
    Anything better than probationary or does that work?

  4. #14
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    grasshopper Andy
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I love this idea. So what's the # of posts to reach FPL Ninja? 1000? 10,000?

    How's this:
    Probationary Member (or something better): 0-29 posts
    Junior Member: 30-99
    Member: 100-499
    Senior Member: 500-999
    Forum Ninja: 1000-9999
    Super Ninja: 10,000

    Not sure I can slip this past management (Cris), but I like it. We can have FPL Ninja t-shirts made.
    Anything better than probationary or does that work?
    I will commit to buying a FPL Ninja shirt right now. Probationary....honestly it's okay...but doesn't imply that you are in risk of being booted if you screw up somehow? If that is the case then probationary is fine...but I would imagine DannyMilk is just as at risk for being booted as Joe the Plumber who is joining tomorrow...so maybe something like Novice...something reasonably insulting to motivate people to participate more often.
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    grasshopper Andy
    Actually...I just saw this after I posted...I love 'Grasshopper!' It's what you're looking for
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    I will commit to buying a FPL Ninja shirt right now. Probationary....honestly it's okay...but doesn't imply that you are in risk of being booted if you screw up somehow? If that is the case then probationary is fine...but I would imagine DannyMilk is just as at risk for being booted as Joe the Plumber who is joining tomorrow...so maybe something like Novice...something reasonably insulting to motivate people to participate more often.
    You're right, probationary is out. Didn't really like it anyway, just couldn't think of anything else. I like novice, but is novice higher or lower than junior? Needs to be definitive.

    Maybe I'll just put it in and not tell Cris (and hope he doesn't read this), let him be surprised when someone hits 1000. Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    grasshopper Andy
    that's not terrible. A little obscure. Sort of an update on newbie. or do we want everything to be conventional until you hit ninja?

  9. #19
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    You could tweak it and make it turfhopper...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  10. #20
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    or practice squad. Man they just keep coming. I could do this all day.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Similar Threads

  1. Senior Bowl Chat?
    By Bengals1181 in forum NFL Draft
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
  2. NFP News - If West Virginia is the SEC's 14th member...
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
  3. Need 1 more League Member!
    By Chilly in forum FPL Leagues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 02:28 PM
  4. New Member Alert!
    By Reaper in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •