Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explain the Rex Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJosh View Post
    According to Jeanne McManus, coaches used to say things like this all the time to prevent blacks from playing QB. I'm not old enough to remember those days.
    I do remember those days. But this is different, as Shanahan now claims that McNabb's cardio conditioning was the reason he benched him.

Have fun Skins fans, when this season ends, you'll be without a starting QB and be stuck with Captain Queeg as Coach for four more years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJosh View Post
    Batch and Collins were useful as early as 2 years ago. Anyone give credence to the explanation that Rex "is better-equipped to lead the 2-minute offense" was code for black QBs being too stupid.
    **** no.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    Unleash the dragon!
    Dragon unleashed

There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    YAY! and I think I'm the only one so far to make a Campbell's new recipe (2 minute drill: Heavy gravy texture filled with mutton) joke...thoughts? haha
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I do remember those days. But this is different, as Shanahan now claims that McNabb's cardio conditioning was the reason he benched him.

Have fun Skins fans, when this season ends, you'll be without a starting QB and be stuck with Captain Queeg as Coach for four more years.
    Ya that story seems to have changed now. I'm glad someone posted that picture b/c I didn't recall unleash the dragon.

Blog Entries
    The plot thickens!! Unleash the...JaWalrus? http://bit.ly/cQemWz
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

I don't know if it's because Grossman has had a lot of experience as a starter or what. The guy has terrible career numbers, and for the large percentage of NFL fans and followers his name has become synonymous with ineptitude on offense. He had like four good games to start the 2006 season with the Bears, and that's it. Everything else has been a stunning display of failure. I don't know why he is still kept around. Probably for the same reason the Bears still have Todd Collins, and Jacksonville still has Todd Bouman. They have experience. Is that all it takes?

Cuz they all really f**king suck.

2 interceptions for Grossman against the Cardinals. He's reverting to his mean.

I think the Shanahans might be willing to live with his turnovers. I think that's because they believe he has more big plays in him than Beck. Beck is more cautious, more timid even, has a weaker arm and is less experienced.

It's a bit like having to choose between a hooker with syphilis and a hooker with gonorrhea. For now, the Shanahans are going to pick Grossman and hold their nose. They just don't have a lot of choices.

Blog Entries
    Is there a reason you brought back a TheRealJosh post from the dead?? Please, please, for the love of everything good in the world create new ones and don't rez his!
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

wxwax wasn't here when TRJ was working his brand of idiocy is this forum. Is he the only poster ever banned here for being a jerkoff? We've had our fair share of jerkoffs. But TheRealJosh was the worst.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.