Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Explain the Rex Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    wxwax wasn't here when TRJ was working his brand of idiocy is this forum. Is he the only poster ever banned here for being a jerkoff? We've had our fair share of jerkoffs. But TheRealJosh was the worst.
    There have been 4 actual (non-spam) posters banned. The first 2 (the creatively named collinsworthless and collinsworthsucks) were each banned after their first post back on our 2nd or 3rd day of operation last year. Josh was the only one that started out normal then became ban-worthy (even the two Vikings' fans were never banned). The 4th was TRJ again, he signed up under a new name and reported a bunch of posts, trying to get others banned. He eventually learned to play nice after signing up with his 3rd username - darvon. Ok, I made that last part up, I thought the story needed a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    There have been 4 actual (non-spam) posters banned. The first 2 (the creatively named collinsworthless and collinsworthsucks) were each banned after their first post back on our 2nd or 3rd day of operation last year. Josh was the only one that started out normal then became ban-worthy (even the two Vikings' fans were never banned). The 4th was TRJ again, he signed up under a new name and reported a bunch of posts, trying to get others banned. He eventually learned to play nice after signing up with his 3rd username - darvon. Ok, I made that last part up, I thought the story needed a happy ending.
    I forgot about those idiot Viqueens fans.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I had a sneaky feeling that Redskins-Eagles could be a make or break game for Rex Grossman. He's been a bit of a turnover machine and he went into high gear against Philly.

So now it's John Beck. His thumbnail portrait is that of a more cautious QB. More dump offs. Fewer deep throws. Possibly fewer picks. Definitely fewer fumbles. A bit more likely to run.

I suspect Grossman got the job because they thought his big play potential outweighed his documented propensity for throwing picks. They were wrong. He's going to throw a WTF pass every game.

Beck probably won't. But he may also be less incendiary in the other way: his offense may not catch fire. Let's hope he finds a way to extend his comfort zone.

Carson Palmer never looked so good.

After all those turnovers, after losing his starting job on two teams, Rex Grossman still doesn't understand the importance of taking care of the ball.

I'm flabbergasted to read of him saying this yesterday:

Grossman admitted that he gave an "unacceptable performance" against Philadelphia and that he perhaps need to change his mind-set when it comes to turnovers.

"The only thing I could do that could maybe encompass all turnovers - just have a little more conservative approach to the fact that, hey, turnovers are bad, but they're emotional mistakes that create emotion in the stands, create an odd emotion everywhere," Grossman said.

"Ultimately," he said, "I'm responsible for the ball."
    What's this guy's IQ, anyway?