Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 6 Notes: Colts

Week 6 Notes: Colts

This week’s practice squad protections

2. Zac Taylor says Sam Hubbard ‘definitely’ out vs. Colts

“It might be a couple weeks with him.”

By John Sheeran@John__Sheeran Oct 13, 2020, 11:42am EDT 13 Comments

The Bengals’ defensive line must’ve practiced over an ancient burial ground during training camp.

Not only did they lose another defensive tackle for the season in D.J. Reader on Sunday, defensive end Sam Hubbard also left the game and could be out a couple of weeks according to head coach Zac Taylor.

“Sam will definitely be out this week,” Taylor said during Monday’s press conference. “It might be a couple weeks with him.”

Hubbard left the Bengals’ Week 5 game against the Ravens early in the fourth quarter. He was clearly holding his left elbow after taking on a block from Ravens tight end Nick Boyle. Such an incident brings back memories of Tyler Eifert injuring his elbow against the Ravens in Baltimore, but that took out Eifert for an entire season.

Hubbard should be back onto the field sometime before the season ends, we just don’t know how many more games he’ll miss beyond next Sunday.
    Last edited by High School Harry; 10-14-2020 at 06:35 AM.

I’d feel really good about the Colts game if it weren’t for Reader and Hubbard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I’d feel really good about the Colts game if it weren’t for Reader and Hubbard.
    Opportunity for Carlos and Lawson to get more snaps. And Kareem. And maybe Andrew Brown.

Rivers really hasn't played very well and he's not mobile, so it's a chance to pin your ears back and rush, assuming they do a good enough job defending the run. Indy's got a few guys... Naheem Hines is hella fast and a weapon on all three downs, they have a solid TE group, and Hilton can still play, although his YPC is down a fair amount vs. last year.

Goldsmith

Full quote from Joe Burrow on getting AJ Green involved: “I’m going to throw the ball to where the defense dictates me to throw it. AJ is a great player and I’m going to continue to try to get him the ball and we need to get him going…"

"… He’s a big part of this offense and we just have to get it going. We’re going to need some better chemistry. We do"

Dehner

Joe Burrow said he learned a lot from Sunday's film, but quick to point out the Bengals were coming off of three straight weeks with at least 300-plus yards passing.

"Everyone (outside the building) is overreacting a little bit right now."

Still stressing no-panic narrative.

Goldsmith

New defensive tackle Xavier Williams calls himself a run stopper.

With DJ Reader out for the year, he seems to be the replacement.

Goldsmith

Zac Taylor said AJ Green will take today off but be back at practice tomorrow.

“He’s feeling good."

Where is AJ Green mentally this week: “He’s in a great place."

Contipelli

Auden Tate is day-to-day with a shoulder injury, per Zac Taylor.

Zac Taylor said they'll start working Mackensie Alexander back in after the CB has missed the past two games.

Dragon

Sam Hubbard (elbow) is on the rehab field with his left arm in a sling #Bengals