Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Post Game Notes: Steelers

We all know this team isn't good enough to beat the Steelers on the road in normal circumstances while committing bad turnovers. But playing with another make-shift line, down four coaches, down almost the entire CB room, and down Mixon - well, in that circumstance you CANNOT fumble the ball like Erickson did to start the game nor lose it like Higgins did later in the first quarter. You just can't. The Erickson one really pisses me off - because he let it affect him the rest of the game too. He was terrible receiving punts all day.

The frustrating thing, as usual, for me as a Bengals fan, is to watch seemingly every break and refs call go Pittsburgh's way. No PI in the first series against Pittsburgh, but PI against Jackson for similar contact. Ben goes down like he's been shot when Hubbard was blocked into him and did everything he could not to hit him at all (and really did spare Roeth) and that gets a flag while Burrow gets shoved out of bounds into the benches and hurts his ankle at end of first half and no call. That Higgins was not ruled forward progress stopped and that fumble allowed while Pittsburgh's fumble was ruled forward progress stopped. Oh, and at least five balls tipped and floating in the Bengals secondary that found turf and did not turn into interceptions.

And, then, on the team, they didn't make plays when they could have. Bates should have had a pick 6 to make it 22-14. He doesn't bring it in. Burrow missed Higgins to start second half. They had about five chances to get to Roeth and missed each one.

All of that in a blender and you get beat 36-10. I don't know what changes it. I keep thinking it can't keep happening, and it keeps happening.

I still think we beat them in December.

I’m just happy Burrow left walking. And I’m happy knowing that if not for a bad day by Burrow, this is more of a game. Even despite the Bengals playing without:

LT
    RT
    #3 OT
    #1 RB
    4 coaches
    starting DT
    #3 CB
    #4 CB
    #5 CB
    #6 CB

and # 2 CB left in the first quarter with a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I’m just happy Burrow left walking. And I’m happy knowing that if not for a bad day by Burrow, this is more of a game. Even despite the Bengals playing without:

LT
    RT
    #3 OT
    #1 RB
    4 coaches
    starting DT
    #3 CB
    #4 CB
    #5 CB
    #6 CB

and # 2 CB left in the first quarter with a concussion.
    It was insane. Truly insane. And ****ing Vilma spent the whole day not even mentioning that when talking about the way the game was unfolding. At least...maybe mention it? They had nothing at CB besides Jackson. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It was insane. Truly insane. And ****ing Vilma spent the whole day not even mentioning that when talking about the way the game was unfolding. At least...maybe mention it? They had nothing at CB besides Jackson. Nothing.

yea my wife and I got a good laugh every time he questioned why the Bengals were playing zone. Maybe because they only have three active corners and two of them weren’t on the team 5 days ago?

I still think the front seven played decent overall. Run D was great. Needed more pass rush.

Along those lines:

Paul Dehner Jr.
    @pauldehnerjr
    ·
    32m
    Scanning the Bengals defensive snap counts from Sunday, five of the 14 players getting at least 40 percent of the snaps were either not on the roster entering the season or positional afterthoughts.

You sometimes forget how ugly the attrition has been over there.
    Paul Dehner Jr.
    @pauldehnerjr
    Replying to
    @pauldehnerjr
    Here's the list:

CB Tony Brown 97% (6th on depth chart)
    CB Jalen Davis 70% (signed to PS 10/27)
    DT Christian Covington 68% (trade at final cuts)
    DT Xavier Williams 47% (FA 10/14)
    DE Amani Bledsoe 42% (FA 8/15)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My favorite?

"The Bengals are kicking themselves in the foot."

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post

I still think the front seven played decent overall. Run D was great. Needed more pass rush.
    Haven't seen any stats yet but it felt like they dialed up the blitz. Bell and ADG especially.

Patterson

I’ll be very careful with my opinions. - Taylor when asked about Joe Burrow getting thrown into the bench from Bud Dupree

Added if a camera would’ve been on him for the next 8 minutes we would see his reaction to that.

Goldsmith

Vonn Bell on Takk McKinley: “He has a motor. He made a couple plays on us a couple times when I was in New Orleans."

"He’s relentless getting to the quarterback."