Thread: Lets liven this up!

Lets liven this up!

Best team in the NFC...maybe, but you wouldn't know it from here. Let's get some discussion going. Many of us posted pre and early season, so its time to look back. My worries were mainly focused on the mental state of this team, and so far, so good. They could have quit after Tennessee (a game they dominated and still managed to get routed), but they haven't. I don't think enough can be said about Fewell and the difference he has made...its a different defense entirely. Granted, the talent is better and the injuries not as severe, but the attitude is really what impresses me. The swagger is back...reminds me somewhat of the dream season, no?

Still half the season to go, and five more divisional games to play. I'm not about to pop corks or make proclamations of greatness just yet. I'll tell you this, though, the Philly game in two weeks could be the launching pad. But still, Dallas is the only opponent that matters this week, so I'm worrying about them.

The defense has definitely come around and become dominant. I don't have the stats in front of me but I think we are the best defensive team on 3rd down this year. It remind me of the Super Bowl year in how it took a few weeks to get used to a new defensive scheme but then all of a sudden it clicked and they became a ferocious unit.

I am still worried that we've been beating up on bad teams, which just brings back horrid memories of last year. However, there is no doubt that we have upgraded in pretty much every way from last year (except special teams).

Philly looks really really good. Beating the Colts is no small feat, and it really wasn't even as close as the final score suggests because of that correct-but-still-bogus roughing the passer call that gave the Colts a second chance to get within 2 points. Not to mention the Falcons are getting no respect and the Saints and Packers are looming.

The key to the rest of the season rests on the offense IMO. They need to be able to control the clock and not turn the damn ball over! The offense is so talented they can play keep away and still score touchdowns.

P.S. - (shhhhhh don't tell anyone but how awesome is this offense in the green zone?) *knocks on wood*

Blog Entries
    any word on my boy Diehl?
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Out this week, hopes to play against Philly.

Blog Entries
    damn...great guy
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions