Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Salary Cap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I mean, they kinda need at least one CB, tho, right?

well the thought would be giving that money to Jackson

Ben Baby

Bengals will carry $12.7 million into the next league year.

Jake_NFL

Cool look at PFF's value metrics vs. contracts paid. Bengals have overwhemingly spent FA$ on defense in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    well the thought would be giving that money to Jackson
    It seemed, to me, pretty clear at the time that the Bengals chose Waynes over Jackson when they signed him to the big money instead of extending Jackson which they could have done with the same money.

Sounds like the cap will be $182.5M

I believe that puts us around 43m in space not including the Allen deal and obviously not including potential cuts to Geno or Bobby.

I believe that puts us around 43m in space not including the Allen deal and obviously not including potential cuts to Geno or Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    I read somewhere where Atkins was on a listing guys around the league whose names were coming up in trade talks. That said, I believe a lot of them won’t be... they’ll get cut and signed for fewer $

this is now official.

hopefully we see movement now on Lawson and Jackson. It’s seems as if the Bengals were hesitant to make any big moves until the cap amount was official.

Pelissero

And with the cap finally locked in, five days before the open of the free-agent negotiating window, a lot of business is about to get done league-wide.

Buckle up.