Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Bengals Coaching Staff Shakeup; DL coach named

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    There are potential candidates on the OL from Dolphins, Jaguars, Lions, Falcons, Chargers, 49ers, Vikings, Jets, Browns and Texans

OL Coach Run Block Win Rate Pass Block Win Rate Current
    Phil Rauscher 21 18 Vikings Asst OL Coach
    Chris Foerster 25 22 49ers Asst OL Coach
    Chris Morgan 28 16 Falcons OL Coach
    Lemuel Jeanpierre 23 27 Dolphins Asst OL Coach
    James Campen 32 31 Chargers OL Coach
    Frank Pollack 30 29 Jets OL Coach
    Hank Fraley 14 20 Lions OL Coach
    George Warhop 26 25 Jags OL Coach
    Scott Peters 13 2 Browns Asst OL Coach
    Mike Devlin 5 19 Texans OL Coach
    Luke Butkus 1 1 Packers Asst OL Coach
    Bengals 11 29

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-rate-rankings
    (As an aside back the truck up for Quinnen Williams (trade). Dawaune Smoot and Basham are options as well at DE. Corey Linsley, Scherff, Whitworth and Trent Williams are all FAs)
    Scott Peters was a guy that Lap mentioned. He doesn't have experience as "the guy" (just an assistant OL coach) but he's worked under Bill Callahan and Lap had positive things to say about him. Cleveland OL has been a success story this year, for sure. A big part has been getting Wills and Conklin but they've meshed with the other guys really well so coaching has definitely played a positive role there.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Scott Peters was a guy that Lap mentioned. He doesn't have experience as "the guy" (just an assistant OL coach) but he's worked under Bill Callahan and Lap had positive things to say about him. Cleveland OL has been a success story this year, for sure. A big part has been getting Wills and Conklin but they've meshed with the other guys really well so coaching has definitely played a positive role there.
    Peters has one year of coaching experience. I think that would be a mistake but could see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Fraley would be superb. Won't get my hopes up.
    He's especially interesting in regards to the Hopkins injury.

Played 11 seasons in the NFL, mostly at OC. Has coached 5 years.

Is given the lions share (pun intended) for developing Ragnow into a Pro Bowl player.

Lions Oline was crippled by injuries this year but played at least as well as the year prior when led by a more experienced coach.

Frank Pollack hired

Bengals

We've named Frank Pollack as our offensive line coach and run game coordinator

Bengals Hire Pollack As Offensive Line Coach And Run Game Coordinator

Jan 09, 2021 at 05:30 PM

The Bengals today named Frank Pollack as the team's offensive line coach and run game coordinator. Pollack, 53, previously served as the Bengals offensive line coach in 2018, before spending the last two seasons ('19-20) with the N.Y. Jets.

Under Pollack's direction in 2018, Cincinnati's offensive line ranked 11th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed per game (2.3), while also paving the way for HB Joe Mixon to log career-highs in rushing yards (1168), average yards per attempt (4.9) and rushing TDs (eight).

"Frank will help us make great strides in the run game and protections," said head coach Zac Taylor. "He brings great technical skills in player development and his familiarity with some of our current offensive linemen will allow him to get to work right away. We interviewed several strong candidates to get the best outcome for our team. I am excited about the experience Frank brings to our offense."

"Coach Pollack is a high energy guy and we're excited to work with him again," said C Trey Hopkins. "We know the kind of work he expects and the kind of results we can achieve. He demands a lot and is very clear with his instructions. He is a great coach to play for."

"I am super excited for Coach Pollack to be back," said Mixon. "He's proven he's the best in the business. There are a lot of records to be broken. I'm looking forward to getting back on the field and getting to work."
    https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals...me-coordinator

Awesome

Mixon

Run game coordinator?! I see what time it is we got my dawg back it’s up!! #MajorComeback

Mike Watts

"Under Pollack’s direction in 2018, Cincinnati’s offensive line ranked 11th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed per game (2.3), while also paving the way for HB Joe Mixon to log career-highs in rushing yards (1168), average yards per attempt (4.9) and rushing TDs (eight)."

dehner

Was the top target from the jump. #Bengals bring back Pollack, a guy they were resistant to let leave two years ago to head thier most important offseason project.