Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Bengals Coaching Staff Shakeup; DL coach named

Goldsmith

I just realized that Frank Pollack’s college position coach at Northern Arizona in 1987 was –– you guessed it –– Bill Callahan.

Why did he leave to begin with?

That's fantastic news. Very relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Why did he leave to begin with?

some think the run game coordinator position is the difference now

Adam Rittenberg

Sources: The #Bengals are promoting Troy Walters to wide receivers coach. Walters served as the Bengals’ assistant wide receivers coach this past season. Former offensive coordinator at #Nebraska and #UCF under Scott Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    some think the run game coordinator position is the difference now
    I know we don’t have to only target players that we have connections to, but any free agents with connections to Pollack from the jets or cowboys that we know of?

Pat elflein was mentioned but he’d be a backup IOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    I know we don’t have to only target players that we have connections to, but any free agents with connections to Pollack from the jets or cowboys that we know of?
    I believe Joe Looney (C) was there in Dallas when Pollack was. Looney took over for Travis Frederick when he missed a season with Guillan-Barre, and then again when he retired. He’s solid and by all accounts a great locker room guy. I think XSF was there as well.

Pollack did a good job with Mekhai Becton (rookie LT first round pick) for the Jets.

Good hire... thought Fraley would have been interesting but Pollack was good here, and the players seemed to respect him... and I found Hopkins’ comments interesting re practice and preparation under Pollack. Reading between the lines, not an endorsement on Turner. Speaking of, not sure if Price or Jordan will amount to anything but I think both lost confidence under Turner. Guess we will see if either can do anything productive in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I believe Joe Looney (C) was there in Dallas when Pollack was. Looney took over for Travis Frederick when he missed a season with Guillan-Barre, and then again when he retired. He’s solid and by all accounts a great locker room guy. I think XSF was there as well.

Pollack did a good job with Mekhai Becton (rookie LT first round pick) for the Jets.

Good hire... thought Fraley would have been interesting but Pollack was good here, and the players seemed to respect him... and I found Hopkins’ comments interesting re practice and preparation under Pollack. Reading between the lines, not an endorsement on Turner. Speaking of, not sure if Price or Jordan will amount to anything but I think both lost confidence under Turner. Guess we will see if either can do anything productive in 2021.

Price is very happy based on his tweets

Mixon is ecstatic.