Thread: A Scalper's Bloodbath

A Scalper's Bloodbath

Apparently, thousands of tickets to the bills-Bears classic in Toronto were given away for free yesterday in order to make the game a "sell out".

Scalpers are on Craigslist asking for as little as $25 for tickets with a $95 list price.

I'll be heading to the stadium and will be seeing the game for - probably - $15 or so.

Which is about right for this game!

So, lemme get this straight - the Bills are playing a 'home game' in Toronto. They give away thousands of tickets to make the game a 'sellout'. Now people are 'buying' tickets on craigslist for 15-20% of face value?

What a joke.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    That's what happens when you start out with $500 ticket prices (including to bloody pre-season games). Folks tune out the product. Plus, the last two games up here were snoozers.

Exactly - I pity the fools who bought the initial package when the tickets ran from $95-$750. Some people signed up and bought 8 games (5 regular season games and 3 preseason games) at these prices. Wonder how they feel sitting next to someone who grabbed a ticket for $20?

Blog Entries
    I wish I lived closer! I'd go to that game, happily, at that price
    "I never thought one of these could feel as good as the first one, but this one does. If you are a true Patriot fan you know exactly what I mean." Robert Kraft, Owner, New England Patriots, Super Bowl 49 postgame speech.

Scalper: "Dude, I'll give you $15 if you take this ticket. Please for the love of God take this ticket!"

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Scalper: "Dude, I'll give you $15 if you take this ticket. Please for the love of God take this ticket!"
    Be thankful you're in Spain!