Thread: A Scalper's Bloodbath

A Scalper's Bloodbath

Apparently, thousands of tickets to the bills-Bears classic in Toronto were given away for free yesterday in order to make the game a "sell out".

Scalpers are on Craigslist asking for as little as $25 for tickets with a $95 list price.

I'll be heading to the stadium and will be seeing the game for - probably - $15 or so.

Which is about right for this game!

So, lemme get this straight - the Bills are playing a 'home game' in Toronto. They give away thousands of tickets to make the game a 'sellout'. Now people are 'buying' tickets on craigslist for 15-20% of face value?

What a joke.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    That's what happens when you start out with $500 ticket prices (including to bloody pre-season games). Folks tune out the product. Plus, the last two games up here were snoozers.

Exactly - I pity the fools who bought the initial package when the tickets ran from $95-$750. Some people signed up and bought 8 games (5 regular season games and 3 preseason games) at these prices. Wonder how they feel sitting next to someone who grabbed a ticket for $20?

Blog Entries
    I wish I lived closer! I'd go to that game, happily, at that price
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Scalper: "Dude, I'll give you $15 if you take this ticket. Please for the love of God take this ticket!"

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Scalper: "Dude, I'll give you $15 if you take this ticket. Please for the love of God take this ticket!"
    Be thankful you're in Spain!