Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 243

Thread: Media Mock Drafts

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Just, no.

    why?

  2. #12
    why not Pitts at 5? Because I don't think he would be used right here in this offense, and the chance of a massive waste of that pick is raised. In that mock Fields was still on the board - if they don't trade back there and go after Slater/ Darrisaw in the 9-15 range and take Pitts I would be pretty salty.
    Last edited by membengal; 01-28-2021 at 09:06 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    why not Pitts at 5? Because I don't think he would be used right here in this offense, and the chance of a massive waste of that pick is raised. In that mock Fields was still on the board - if they don't trade back there and go after Slater/ Darrisaw in the 9-15 range and take Pitts I would be pretty salty.



    What if they decided to use him the right way?

  4. #14
    Like Kelce in KC? Because I don't believe they would. And TE at 5 is a crazy overdraft. If they want to trade back in to the 9-15 range and take him, fine, but, staying put and taking him at 5 because they have missed on Sewell and Chase would piss me off at this point in time.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Like Kelce in KC? Because I don't believe they would. And TE at 5 is a crazy overdraft. If they want to trade back in to the 9-15 range and take him, fine, but, staying put and taking him at 5 because they have missed on Sewell and Chase would piss me off at this point in time.
    I understand 100 percent the angst about Pitts being misused if he were here. A number of draft weenies have him as a top 5 player. We are still 3 months away from the draft, so that could change but he could play WR, too. Watched him in several games this fall and he was getting past SEC DBs frequently, so I believe they could move him around and create a lot of mismatches, whether it’s against LBs or DBs. He’s big, and reportedly runs in the 4.4s. Florida coaches have referred to him as a unicorn and he could be quite a weapon.

    So I’m not convinced that taking him at 5 would be an over-draft, but to your point, I don’t know if Zac and crew would be creative enough to use him to his full potential. I guess part of it also depends on CJ, and how effective he’ll be coming off of an Achilles tear. Before that happened it appears that he and JB had developed a good rapport and that he was going to be an important part of the offense. But I wouldn’t look at Pitts as strictly a TE, so much as a chess piece that can line up as a TE, H-back, or WR and create mismatches at each.

  6. #16
    Pitts at 9 with an additional second round pick in hand from trading back? Fine. Sign me up.

    Staying put at 5 and taking Pitts because you missed on Chase and Sewell and not trading back? Not fine.

  7. #17
    1st round TE are always a disappointment

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    1st round TE are always a disappointment
    It has been a LONG time since a TE in the first was worth it.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Pitts at 9 with an additional second round pick in hand from trading back? Fine. Sign me up.

    Staying put at 5 and taking Pitts because you missed on Chase and Sewell and not trading back? Not fine.
    From your lips to Duke’s ears.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It has been a LONG time since a TE in the first was worth it.
    Especially after just watching a bunch of mostly unused college TE's making one handed catches at the Senior Bowl.

    Also, would ask is Kenny Yebowah a unicorn?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •