Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henne out, Pennington in!

Blog Entries

Henne out, Pennington in!

I wonder how this will affect the Dolphins O...and I just picked up Davonne Bess off waivers in my yahoo league haha...should be interesting!
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries
    We'll see what Chad has! I suspect that he'll do Good. This may extend his NFL Life.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Henne was a Parcells guy. Isn't strange that the Tuna is gone and Henne gets benched.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

Quote Originally Posted by buzmeg View Post
    Henne was a Parcells guy. Isn't strange that the Tuna is gone and Henne gets benched.
    I think Henne's benching has more to do with the fact that he's regressing.

5. OC Dan Henning has always liked the wily veteran over the young QB. Doesn't surprise me that they're going with Pennington to try and get them to the playoffs.

Blog Entries
    Why are we all avoiding the fact that Henne is getting switched out because he's from Michigan? Heh!

I kid! I kid! :] <------Super Mario Cloud Smile!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

7. Ya, it is perfect timing to make the switch. They aren't completely out of it if they can string some wins together. I have been a big fan of henne but he just hasn't been able to score touchdowns or avoid turnovers. 3 picks is no good but our defense has been playing extremely well, enough that we could overcome it if he was putting up points. Pennington has always had doubters but he gets the job done...maybe we can get back to some ground and pound with him. I think the oc should havE eased henne into this high passing offense more...no need to get away from being a running team jut cuz got Marshall. Let henne rely on the run game instead of other way around. Go fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    OC Dan Henning has always liked the wily veteran over the young QB. Doesn't surprise me that they're going with Pennington to try and get them to the playoffs.
    How do they then go back to Henne? Do you think this is a shot across the bow at Sparano? I'm not suggesting ownership ordered the QB change, but there have been numerous stories in the Miami media regarding Stephen Ross bringing in "his guys," namely Carl Peterson to run football ops. If this team fails to make the playoffs, I could see Sparano and his staff dumped, which would leave Henne in a precarious position.

Assuming Sparano is in it for the long haul in MIA, isn't there a breakdown of trust between coach and QB? And this is icing on the cake, but wasn't it a mistake to draft a LT and then QB? I realize Jake Long is an ALL Pro at LT, but a franchise QB is much harder to find than a top LT. Matt Ryan is light years ahead of Chad Henne.
    "I was a late round pick."
    --Chan Gailey

Blog Entries
    A lot of Henne's picks have come off from Hail Mary's at ends of the game and half's

He ranks 12th in DYAR, 18th in DVOA according to FO.
    HYe ranksw 20th in WPA/Gm according to FO

Those are nothing to brag about, but they aren't that bad. The bigger story in Miami is that the running game isn't working. They are averaging 3.96 YPA this year, down from 4.38 from last year. Also, they are terrible in the red zone. But with a crappy running game, it's hard to score in the RZ in the first place, and he's played some tough defenses.

Pennington is better than Henne, but he's also 34 and injury prone. I'm not sure it's a good move in the future, and he had one really bad game (against Baltimore for Christ sake). I discount the NE game because that was a Special Teams collpase that forced him to take too many chances.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what the 'phins are thinking here. Henne's not a bad QB, but I've always liked Pennington, even though he was a Jet for most of his career. I don't know how the QB switch actually help thier chances to win, though.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.