Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ‘He’s just Joey Franchise’: Inside Joe Burrow’s game-winning pass and what it signifi

Tyler Dunne

@TyDunne

Also, @monos42
    is still watching every snap of every QB and applying his +/- grading. A good play gets you +1, a bad play -1 -- +2 or -2 in extreme cases -- and that # is divided by the # of pass/run attempts. Simple enough. Five weeks in, here's how the quarterbacks stack up:

Anthony Treash

@PFF_Anthony

·
    1h
    Highest PFF grade by a second-year QB since 2006

1. Patrick Mahomes ('18) - 93.2
    2. Lamar Jackson ('19) - 91.1
    3. Justin Herbert (in prog) - 90.0
    4. Joe Burrow (in prog) - 85.4

PFF

Joe Burrow has been LETHAL out of shotgun single back sets #Bengals fans. His 90.5 passing grade is best in the league and 6 of his 8 Big-Time Throws have come from this set.

Here's all of the Burrow Big Time Throws for your Friday night enjoyment

https://twitter.com/pff_andrewr/stat...747311104?s=21

He still has thrown some bad INTs, including one that should have lost the game in OT last week. I love the guy but he’s got 6 ints in 5 games that’s no bueno. He’s gotta be more careful with the ball. Just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    He still has thrown some bad INTs, including one that should have lost the game in OT last week. I love the guy but he’s got 6 ints in 5 games that’s no bueno. He’s gotta be more careful with the ball. Just sayin’.

Im still lot convinced that wasn’t Boyd’s fault. One of them read the coverage wrong.

Charlie Goldsmith

@CharlieG__

·
    1h
    Per @billbarnwell
    , Joe Burrow has a a league-best 97.1 QBR against the blitz. Last season, Burrow ranked 26th in that category. What a difference a year makes. Also, that’s crucial heading into a matchup vs. the blitz-heavy Ravens.

Dan Hoard

@Dan_Hoard

·
    28m

Just watched the episode. Here's the full quote from Phil Simms: "When you watch Joe Burrow, you know what you're watching? The modern-day Joe Montana. He's smooth, he's athletic, he's even got a little better arm -- sorry Joe (Montana) -- but he's doing a lot of great things."

"His intangible talent even exceeds his physical talent. He just has it, that's what most people know it as," Dilfer said on the Ryen Russilo podcast. "He's got the it factor. His teammates, his coaches, the community love him. He's got dude qualities as we talked about and he's got it from a playing standpoint. He's not super flashy, he can do some cool athletic stuff as we know, but he does all the little things, the boring things, the things you don't really think that much about until you see them pay off. He plays the position at a very high level.”

"He's playing it [quarterback] like he's played it for 7, 8, 9 years. Reminds me a lot of Russell (Wilson)," Dilfer said. "Different type of player, obviously very different quarterbacks, but Russell from an early age, early starting you're like 'oh my gosh, he plays this with nuance, he plays this artistically as Steve Young would say. He's gonna be really good. I think Burrow's gonna be a guy we'll be talking about for years."

https://youtu.be/Me81UlYR5Ac