Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Non Bengals Thread

Browns now trying to trade Jarvis Landry.

Dallas getting very little for cooper another reason to expect capital needed to give up to get Collins to be little.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Dallas getting very little for cooper another reason to expect capital needed to give up to get Collins to be little.
    Yes. At least Dallas got something since they were gonna cut him. They want to re-sign DeMarcus Lawrence and maybe sign Bobby Wagner since he played for Dan Quinn in Seattle. Plus Randy Gregory may be in play and also Michael Gallup. A lot of needs.

We’ll the gronk dreams were fun while they lasted.

Brady returning. Would have to imagine that means gronk back to TB.

Probably Jensen as well. What an unfortunate event.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Probably Jensen as well. What an unfortunate event.
    Not sure. Can they fit Jensen under the cap? I thought they were cap-constrained - but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Not sure. Can they fit Jensen under the cap? I thought they were cap-constrained - but who knows?
    The cap is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    The cap is a myth.
    Mostly... it eventually catches up to teams a bit like the Cowboys now but you can kick the can down the road a lot. You don't let the cap stop you when Brady wants another shot, they'll restructure 5+ guys and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    Mostly... it eventually catches up to teams a bit like the Cowboys now but you can kick the can down the road a lot. You don't let the cap stop you when Brady wants another shot, they'll restructure 5+ guys and be fine.
    I read somewhere that they have like 23 FAs. Granted, the impacts of a lot of them don't approach someone like Jensen and Gronk, and perhaps guys like Fournette will want to come back as well. I'm guessing that Brady will lobby hard to get Jensen back. But perhaps a rising, young interior OL like Alex Cappa will go on the market. We'll know soon enough... maybe tomorrow, since it's legal tampering day.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I read somewhere that they have like 23 FAs. Granted, the impacts of a lot of them don't approach someone like Jensen and Gronk, and perhaps guys like Fournette will want to come back as well. I'm guessing that Brady will lobby hard to get Jensen back. But perhaps a rising, young interior OL like Alex Cappa will go on the market. We'll know soon enough... maybe tomorrow, since it's legal tampering day.
    They've got 5 guys they can restructure that would free up 50 million. They may not choose to keep everyone, but that can make it work if they want to.