Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OTA's

Alex Cappa has a core muscle injury, according to Zac Taylor. Says he could be out for a few weeks.

Mike Petraglia
    @Trags
    7m

Jackson Carman says he's on a stricter diet (cauliflower pizza) and ready to compete for starting left guard position. #Bengals

Interview:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1529146687494705154

Says his back isn't quite 100%, but light years better than when he ended last season.

listening to Dan Hoard interview a number of guys (Ossai, Carman, Higgins, Apple, etc).

Ossai says his knee is 100%, it's his wrist that still has him on the rehab field.

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-sjw9m-12349e9
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 05-25-2022 at 11:58 AM.

Ossai also says he's on track to be ready for training camp.

Sounded like Tee was close too. Or at least doing well.

Kelsey had a great interview with Reader too.

Ossai actually received two injuries in that Tampa Bay preseason game. For awhile all we thought he was dealing with was the wrist injury. It was only a few days later we heard that the knee was the more significant injury and would sideline him the rest of the long season. Still remember that his pff rating against the Bucs was right at 90. I'm hoping he will pick up again right where he left off.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Ossai actually received two injuries in that Tampa Bay preseason game. For awhile all we thought he was dealing with was the wrist injury. It was only a few days later we heard that the knee was the more significant injury and would sideline him the rest of the long season. Still remember that his pff rating against the Bucs was right at 90. I'm hoping he will pick up again right where he left off.
    Right. Funny that the knee is already past, but he's still awaiting clearance on the wrist.

I know that they had him at Edge, but he played a lot of LB at Texas so I'm sure Lou and crew will use him in coverage and standing up as a 3-4 OLB and rushing the passer, too. The book on him coming out was he was pretty raw as a pass rusher but there's no denying his athleticism and non-stop motor.

Speaking of motor, I also look forward to seeing Wyatt Hubert. He's not getting any play his off-season but he was a helluva player at Kansas State. Not the most athletic guy but he plays all-out and he was the tone-setter on that defense. I remember reading about how he spent time at KSU with the ST coaches since he knew he'd need to be competent in that phase to earn a spot in the NFL. I saw a few pics of him in OTAs and he looks like he's been spending some time in the weight room. Looks "swole."