Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2022

Training Camp 2022

Join your reigning AFC Champions in The Jungle for Back Together Saturday! Claim your free mobile ticket to see your favorite players, to enjoy family experiences and much more!

You will receive an email tomorrow morning at 10:00am with a link to claim tickets. You may claim a maximum of 4 tickets. Inventory is limited, so be sure to act fast as tickets will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis.

WHEN: Saturday, July 30th - Gates open at 1:00pm and practice begins at 2:15pm

WHERE: Paul Brown Stadium – 1 Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH 45202

PARKING: Surrounding parking lots and garages will be available at established rates
    More information on Back Together Saturday can be found here.

WHO DEY!

Subplots to track:

1. We've all heard it before: Losers of the Super Bowl struggle to replicate their success in the following season. The Bengals become the latest team to carry this title -- and the burden of avoiding a similar result. Cincinnati has what it takes to again be competitive, but also probably needs the same level of luck -- don't all jump at once, Bengals fans -- when it comes to health and results elsewhere in order to again mount a run to a Super Bowl. Anything less would feel like a disappointment, meaning the pressure is on from the start.
    2. Jessie Bates played a crucial role late in Cincinnati's run to the Super Bowl, making multiple key plays in massive moments. A contract matching these significant contributions has yet to materialize. The Bengals franchise-tagged Bates and were unable to come to an agreement on a long-term deal with the safety before the annual deadline to do so, and Bates isn't expected to report for camp on time because of this ongoing situation. Cincinnati drafted Michigan's Dax Hill in the first round in April, which provides something of an insurance option. But replacing the team's most important defender is a lot to ask of a rookie.
    3. The Bengals deserve credit for acknowledging their greatest weakness, the offensive line, and investing accordingly. Now it's time to assemble the pieces with the hope that the completed puzzle is worth hanging on the wall. Alex Cappa and Ted Karras will fit in well on the interior, but the biggest pick-up was La'el Collins. As long as he can stay on the field, Joe Burrow should find the going less stressful in 2022, which could be rather dangerous for opposing defenses.
    4. As reigning conference champions, the Bengals should be in the crosshairs of every AFC opponent, yet they seem to be going overlooked again. It's going to create this strange blend of expectation and a general feeling of disrespect, setting up the perfect slow-cooker that should produce a team out to prove a point. The Bengals are young, they have exp

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-afc-no...owns-ravens-an

No Ossai on the PUP is good. Stinks Collins isn’t starting camp on the field. Same with Cappa, but we already knew about him.

Dehner

Today the Bengals placed five players on Active/PUP and one on Active/NFI. They can be activated at any point in camp: LB Joe Bachie, G Alex Cappa, DE Khalid Kareem, HB Samaje Perine and S Brandon Wilson went to PUP. OT La’el Collins went on NFI.

For those freaking out: NFI and PUP are standard injury lists this time of year. Just means they are not cleared to participate at this moment. Does not indicate anything serious, necessarily.

Collins is the only name that isn’t a rollover from OTA issue or rehab from an ACL.

The first four days are really walkthroughs. Collins is NFI - I wonder if it is an illness dealie.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The first four days are really walkthroughs. Collins is NFI - I wonder if it is an illness dealie.
    I hope it's not fat farm-related. He had that issue in Dallas, as he came to camp out of shape and I'm guessing he didn't pass the conditioning test.

Bachie and Wilson were ACL and I guess Cappa had a core injury. Kareem had the shoulder, I think. I don't remember what happened to Perine.

Good that Tee and Ossai will be full go, as will Hubert. Should be some good battles on the depth front, since most of the starter roles are decided. That said, I do wonder if D'Ante Smith in the mix at LG.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I hope it's not fat farm-related. He had that issue in Dallas, as he came to camp out of shape and I'm guessing he didn't pass the conditioning test.
    Better it be conditioning-related than a continuation of his hip issue. Hip injuries are very scary for all athletes.

I hope Cappa is back very soon. With 3 FA starters coming in from other teams, they really need to be able to practice together often in a new system. I was already worried about how long it might take for the OL to jell as a unit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    vets haven't reported yet, tex. Not til Tuesday. So, doubt it.

Richard Skinner

@Local12Skinny

·
    39s

#Bengals DC Lou Anarumo on Eli Apple vs. others: "He is the starting until somebody shows me that they're better"

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

·
    5m

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said he anticipates Alex Cappa will be back before La’el Collins. Said Collins has been dealing with a back issue and it’s up to the staff to manage veterans through training camp.