Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Gameday thread: Bengals at Jets!!

Fwiw, Burrow casually mentioned that Brian Callahan was calling plays in the first half.

Morrison

DJ Reader said he is very encouraged that the knee injury isn't more severe.
    He said he didn't return to the sideline in the second because they wanted him to stay off it. They put the game on in the locker room and he kicked back and took in the win that way.

Morrison

LC Collins said there was never any doubt he would play and he feels great even minutes after a physical game and he fully expects to be good to go Thursday night against the Dolphins

Dolphins look pretty good so far… I’m gonna need high dose blood pressure meds all year, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Dolphins look pretty good so far… I’m gonna need high dose blood pressure meds all year, I think.
    Dolphins D was on the field 86 plays today. Might be gassed come Thursday. If we can control the ball they may wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Fwiw, Burrow casually mentioned that Brian Callahan was calling plays in the first half.
    Did he actually mention that or is that just what you saw from Mike Petraglia?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Did he actually mention that or is that just what you saw from Mike Petraglia?

yea just watched the video and burrow never actually says Callahan.

PFF

I don't think the Bengals good offensive play in Week 3 was a coincidence based on the following:

29.3% play action usage (13.7% in first 2 weeks)
    8 pass plays from under center (9 total first 2 weeks)
    19 plays from 12 personnel (18 total first 2 weeks)

39 from shotgun (8 run, 31 pass)
    13 under center (6 run, 7 pass)
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 09-25-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    yea just watched the video and burrow never actually says Callahan.
    I feel like Mike P kinda does weird things like that sometimes.

From Mike Petraglia:

To clarify Burrow was referring to the collective play calling of Zac and Callahan and the offense in general. Sorry for confusion.